Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by smokie420, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Doing a quick Google it looks like popcaploader is adware that comes bundled with an online game of some sort. Not exactly malicious, but it could contibute to your problems.

Ewido isn't a suite the same way many antivirus companies put together suites. Along with the trojan scanner it has options to see what programs are running on your system (like task manager), what programs are connecting to the internet, and manage what programs start with Windows during boot. It's a very good program that is reputable. Another one that is similar is a-squared (http://www.emsisoft.com/).. both good, both have free versions. Trojan Hunter is quite good as well, but I don't know that it detects the same variety of stuff as Ewido and a-squared. It certainly won't hurt to have the free scanners on hand. STMD Desktop checks to make sure that IE doesn't have any malicious components that have been added to spy on your internet usage. It's another freebie and is quite small and fast, again it certainly won't hurt.

I would also give SpyScan a go, it doesn't install at all, you just download it and run it. It can detect quite a few things that AdAware and Spybot do not.. actually all good spyware scanners will pick up things that the others do not. SpySweeper and CounterSpy especially. SpyScan is a scan only (no cleaning) freebie by the makers of SpySweeper, and like I say, if it finds something you want removed you can download the trial for SpySweeper.

I just put up a page of links for most of the software discussed around here, you can get there by the link in my signature, you might take a look. There's also a few helpful links :)

2. smokie420

smokie420 Registered Member

Thanks, I'll take a look!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.