Microsoft Office 2003 Word problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vs1293, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vs1293

vs1293 Registered Member

This morning for no apparent reason, when trying to open a Word document I get the following message: The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open.Click OK and then close open dialog boxes to continue.
    Clicking OK reveals a Microsoft dialog box stating that Word experienced a problem trying to open a file.
    By clicking OK on that dialog box, the Word document opens.
    I have Googled this issue and have not found any answers that make any sense, and I have done nothing to my knowledge to create this problem. Yesterday it worked fine, this morning it does not.
    Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had this problem or knows the fix.

vs
    PS: Do not have Norton Antivirus, and nothing has been changed with Adobe since yesterday.

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Maybe the Patch Tuesday has something to do with it? There were updates for Office, though I'm using 2007. Also, have you tried restarting the computer?

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Would it be convenient to try a system restore to before the prob?

If that doesn't help try going to Start, Control Panel, Add-Remove Programs,
    MS Office. Click the Change button and then Repair.

4. vs1293

vs1293 Registered Member

Hi Franklin
    System restore did not fix the problem, tried that already, however, your suggestion to do a repair did the trick.
    Thanks again guys.
    Hopefully sometime in the future I will be beable to help someone rather than just always asking for help.:)
    Case closed.
    vs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.