Microsoft Intellipoint 7.0 issue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Biscuit, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi

I've upgraded from Vista Business to Windows 7 Ultimate & had to upgrade my Intellipoint software to v7. I chose not to enable auto updates for the Intellipoint software & also not to join the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Everytime I boot, I get an annoying dialog asking me to join the Intellipoint Customer Experience Improvement Program. There is no option to say "no", only to uncheck the box to join.

How to I stop this thing? :(

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/3968704063_50f728f613_o.jpg

2. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I installed the Microsoft Intellipoint 7.0 only 2 days ago on Win7 Ultimate, and opted out as you did but don't get any pop-up on startup.

Just remove the dpupdchk.exe (by memory, it's close to that) from your startup entries which is the updater. The one you want to keep is ipoint.exe

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Thanks, I've already checked for dpupdchk.exe but it's not in my start up. :doubt:

I think it's something to do with the PITA Action Center. o_O

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

re-install over the top of it, you should get the option to either uninstall or add/remove components, you should be able to remove auto updates,and opt out of the option once more. Alternatively, check Add/Remove programs to see if the Auto update for Intellipoint can be uninstalled manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.