Microsoft Intellimouse 4.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter2150, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi

Does the Recovery CD work with Microsofts Intellimouse 4.0. I have a new box that I ordered with Intellimouse, and I like it but the Mouse doesn't work on the recovery CD. Is there a way around this.

Pete

Edit: Tried the F-11 stuff to do the quiet command. Basically the system went nuts. The "Beep" one gets at reboot, started going full time. Had to power reset

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Peter,

Did you type usbmouse=off after quiet?

3. Peter2150

Wasn't able to. System started emitting a steady string of the beeps it does on reboot start. Tried typing at the quiet prompt but I was clearly hung.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Never heard of such an issue. Maybe you should burn a new Rescue CD and try with that.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter2150,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post once more.

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Are you able to successfully boot your computer into the 'Full' mode of build 3677 Bootable Rescue CD while having your mouse unplugged?

- Does your keyboard work correctly?

- Describe the mouse behavior in more details. Let us know if your mouse does not work at all or functions somehow incorrectly (e.g. moves only vertically);

- If possible, create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Peter2150

Hi Alexey

Thanks for the reply. I am going to be gone for a week. THen I will do as you've asked and submit the info.

Thanks, Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.