Microsoft Discloses (More) Security Flaws

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Prince_Serendip, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Microsoft Discloses Security Flaws

Microsoft Corp. disclosed several security flaws Thursday, including "critical" problems in many versions of its Windows operating system.

The flaws were detailed in four security bulletins, which urged users to download software patches from Microsoft's Web site.

The flaws in most versions of Microsoft Windows occur in the help function and could allow attackers to gain control of the user's system. Microsoft reported other flaws, which range from moderate to critical severity, in some versions of Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, and other software programs.

Read more.....

(General Software=(Microsoft) General Security Alerts!)

2. root

root Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up.
    Man, I can hardly wait until Palladium, Passport, and dot net are fully implemented. Then I can put all my critical information in a M$ safe, and can enjoy trouble free, safe surfing and computing, stopping only occasionally to authorize another transaction to debit my credit card.
    I'm also so looking forward to enjoying, for a small fee, the wonderful collection of MP3s, Bill Gates has personally picked for my listening pleasure.
    And of course there are the movies that will be available, for a small fee, that will only occasionally be broken up on my roaring 56k connection.
    And of course, when I get a letter from my friend in California, that was done in M$Word, I can rent Word on the net from Uncle Bill for a pittance of course, and can enjoy reading at leisure, for 10 minutes or so.

Uncle Bill for President!!!! Stick with the winners.

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm telling yah, Apple, linux, bsd -- they're all looking better and better. When this box goes, I'm switching to something, anything but a Microsoft OS. I'll suffer the lack of software availability. Apple seems to have everything I need, just not the ability to choose from a variety of different companies. YET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.