Microsoft; Darkside

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by redwolfe_98, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

it seems that "microsoft" has gone to the darkside.. it seems that it no longer is possible to use the "windows update"/"microsoft update" websites the way that we always have, before.. the websites are inaccessible when running a fresh clean install of "windows xpsp2", like when having reformatted a harddrive with a fresh clean install of "windows xpsp2".. (it is the same after installing "windows xpsp3", as well).. we used to be able to go to the "windows update"/"microsoft update" website to install windows updates, after reformatting our harddrives with a fresh clean install of "windows xpsp2", but no more..

so, is microsoft just stupid in screwing up the "windows update"/"microsoft update" websites the way that they have, or has microsoft gone to the darkside? it could be either of the two..

i have long suspected that bill gates is insane and it is possible that he had some insane idea to deliberately screw up the "windows update"/"microsoft update" websites..

i saw posts where others said that they had experienced the same problems that i did with the "windows update"/"microsoft update" websites, where the websites were inaccessible, now, when running a fresh clean install of "windows xpsp2", and i encouraged them to report the problem to microsoft, as i did, so that maybe MS would take notice, but they all said that they didn't care because they had alternative means of getting the windows updates.. well, that is not good enough for me.. i can manage to get the updates, but i want the ""windows update"/"microsoft update" websites to be fixed to where they no longer are inaccessible when running a fresh clean install of "windows xpsp2", like they were before, until now..

someone might say "windows xpsp2 is no longer supported", thinking that that is why the "microsoft update"/"windows update" websites are inaccessible, now, when running a fresh clean install of "windows xpsp2".. it doesn't have anything to do with windows xpsp2's not being supported, it has to do with the websites being screwed up, to where they are no longer accessible when running a fresh clean install of windows xpsp2.. MS has always advised people to install "windows xpsp3" at the "windows update" website, but that is no longer possible-because the website is inaccessible.. even with "windows xpsp3" installed, the websites still are inaccessible when it is a clean install, where all of the other updates have not already been installed..

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

XP is a dying OS that isn't meant to be sold or bought anymore. You can also get legal XP SP3 downloads.

They don't support XP SP2 anymore and if you're still running it you have no room to complain about lack of support.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What is actually happening? You managed to mention everything else otherwise

4. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thats odd... If someone owns a original WinXP SP2 cd that came with the computer and installs it, how is it supposed to upgrade to SP3? o_O

5. Hungry Man

By using the service pack 3 CDs?

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

7. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I know that, but a noob won't... if the windows update won't do what it should, that would leave the user exposed to many security risks, bugs, etc... very bad move from Microsoft IMO.

8. Hungry Man

If you're worried about security I would suggest that user doesn't use XP at all.

9. ABee

ABee Registered Member

"A fresh clean install of Windows XP SP2" (or SP3) doesn't come with the WGA Validation file you need in order to use the Microsoft/Windows Updates website.

You should be seeing a pop-up about needing to install that.

10. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I wonder if that's actually what is wrong? All I got out of the first post was "It's broke, I want it fixed", after reading the standard MS bashing. As Hungry said though, XP is on a ventilator, and MS is pulling the plug. People on the OS are going to either have to work around the problems that will entail, or move to a newer OS.

11. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

A clean install of Windows XP SP2 can be normally updated to SP3 through Windows Update, no problem at all, i did it 1 minute ago.

12. guest

guest Guest

Who would have patience to educate someone who says things like that? :rolleyes:

Yes redwolfe, all you say is so "true" and "original", Bill Gates and blablablabla. :rolleyes:

Oh please, just stop using Windows (free alternative OS here!), thank you very much. :)

I can't say I'm surprised. But thanks anyway for posting this.

13. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I did just that but without calling BG names!

14. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I recently did a clean install of XP SP1 and couldn't get onto the Update site at all until I installed SP3 (had to download the full installer and run it). But once I did that I got on okay, then had to jump through a couple of minor hoops, and was finally able to use the site.

15. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

How exactly is "a noob" supposed to get XP? It is not sold anymore, it is not preinstalled anymore, you can only downgrade it from Vista or 7 or buy on ebay.

16. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Users of older OEM systems will likely encounter early versions of XP if they do a "factory reset" on their system for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.