Microsoft antispyware upgrade to 1.0.0.614???

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Atomas31, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I have downloaded and install what should be version 1.0.0.615 of Microsoft anti-spyware but when I check on my software it indicate to me that it is version 1.0.0.614, what the hell? What is wrongo_O What can I do to rectifie the situation? Am I the only one with this problem?

I have post a screenshot of what Microsoft antispyware is indicating to me.

Atomas31

Attached Files:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Atomas31

Hi Ronjor,

I have read the thread you refer to but there is no answer about how to solved my problem :-(

I have download the new version before the autoupdate check for it but, even there, the auto update didn't indicate any upgrade even if I have version 1.0.0.614 instead of version 1.0.0.615o_O

What is the problem and how can I solve it?

Atomas31

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Looks like many are having the same problem. Newsgroups

Click on install on the upper left.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In that thread that Ron linked to....there is a suggestion to try the below procedure step for step.

Let us know how it goes.

6. Atomas31

Thanks Bubba, but that didn't work? Any idea what is the problem?

Thank's,
    Atomas31

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I have no clue why you can't see the new update :doubt:

Another thing you can try that has worked in the past is to make sure Enable automatic updates is enabled....and set the Check for Updates time to one hour ahead of what it is when you are making the selection. It should then let you know there is an update....follow everything exactly as it says....don't miss a step....and see what happens.

If that does not work....you could try the below suggestion.

8. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Atomas31,

I had all the same problems with ver 615 you describe, here's what i did to & tried all the above suggestions, here's what i did:

1. add/remove programs remove MSAS
    2. I ran Registry Mechanic 5, which reported 40 problem from MSAS removal
    allowed RM5 to fix all.
    3. used windows explorer > program files > ms antispyware (deleted folder,
    and all its contents).
    4. Reinstalled (615) & everything is Fine!

Good Luck
    rico

9. btk2

btk2 Guest

10. jima

jima Registered Member

Hi,
    I have downloaded version 1.0.615 after shutting down and uninstalling version 614. I used regseeker to clean registry and deleted the folder that was left. The problem I am having is that if I try to update manually I get a message that says to the effect warning could not connect to the internet. I use Zone Alarm 4.5 home and have MSAS listed as trusted. Of course all my other programs can connect to the internet. I downloaded the program on the 18th so I have the current definitions.
    Someone stated that you can ignore the date of last update as long as you have the current version (5733 for now). Is this true? Are some getting updates without the date changing? Is anyone having the auto update working even though they can't update manually?

11. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

i got the 15 version but i still can't update the signatureso_O

is there a conflict with my security look below.

12. longroad

longroad Guest

Here's the current version of MSAS

Microsoft AntiSpyware Version: 1.0.615
    This version expires on: 12/31/2005
    Spyware Definition Version: 5735 (7/20/2005 4:29:41 AM)

You should have the above information, if you don't have the above version, and it won't go beyond v 5733 by attempting to manually update it, then I would suggest going to microsoft.com and re-downloading the installer and re-installing again.

After you download it, you can check to see if it's the most current version by right clicking on the installer, and selecting 'properties'. Then click the 'Digital Signatures' tab and it should say the Time Stamp is Wednesday July 13, 2005. If you have an eariler date you may need to re-download the installer. If you have this version already your all set to reinstall.

Hope you get it working.

Chaos16,

I don't see anything listed in your sig that could be conflicting with MSAS. It seems just about everyone is having problems with MSAS at this time, so don't blame any of your current programs as the cause. It's MSAS that has the problem. I would suggest a re-install if you have the latest version of the installer- see above comments.

Best of luck.

13. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

so loads of ppl are having the same problem as mine?

14. jima

jima Registered Member

Longroad, re-downloaded 615, was the new version. uninstalled Again, re-boot, clean registry, delete folder. Same problem - ( warning cannot connect to the internet) Could I possibly have something wrong in my setup or is this Microsoft?

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

16. jima

jima Registered Member

ronjor,
    Thanks for the link. I found a post there from another individual who has the same problem I have - unfortunately there is no response. I guess I just have to wait for another program update and hope for the best. Meanwhile I'll use it for the real time protection.

Just an aside, I noticed while installing it that when the screen came up where it asks you if you want to use auto updater etc. when I checked yes and clicked next, the computer sat for a long time ( I almost thought it froze) before it moved on to the next option. I wonder if something was not going right at that moment. But without their support who knows?

17. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi All, If your having difficulty with MSAS repeatedly wanting to update. If you update & then can update again & again. The problem is a bad .dll file. Here's the fix:

1. Quit MSAS right click system tray icon & turn her off
    2. Go to windows explorer C:\windows\system32
    3. Locate "gCuncompress.dll
    4. right click the file choose properties
    5. If the file size is 132,000 bytes, this is the trouble maker, the correct size
    is 95,488 bytes.
    6. delete the gCuncompress.dll
    7. Go to control panel > add/remove programs
    8. highlight MSAS and choose change
    9. Choose install
    10. When the install is finished, you can check that gCuncompress.dll is 95,488byte. Your done & the download problems are history.

Note: Ver 615 is supposed to fix, the continous updating problem.
    Note: Current definition is 5735 not 5733
    Note: If you have SpywareGuard, from Javacool turn it off prior to an MSAS
    scan, likewise for WinPatrol+.

Regards,
    rico

18. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I've got the right number of defs, the right gcuncompress.dll, but it still hasn't upgraded to beyond version 1.0.614...

19. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  20. slasher

slasher Guest

I used this thread http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13925438 to get my version of MSAS to update properly. If you read through it carefully you may find the proper way to update MSAS. I had a lot of trouble with MSAS, as many other are as well, but if you follow what's posted there it should help you out.

Some people there found that clearing their IE browser catch helped them, but don't ask me why.

And VERY IMPORTANT after you download the MSAS installer make sure your MSAS installer is dated Wednesday July 13, 2005 as posted by Longroad. If you don't have the latest installer you can't update to the latest version.

Don't forget to update MSAS after you install the latest version.

And I didn't use a reg cleaner when I reinstalled MSAS. All I did was clear my IE browser cache & history. [Open IE > click Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies, Files & History, just to be on the safeside].

Then restart. Went to Microsoft.com and redownloaded the MSAS installer. After it's downloaded, I checked the installer and made sure it was dated July 13, 2005. It was, so then delete old version of MSAS and the MSAS folder in C:\program files. Restart. Installed new version of MSAS. Restarted again.

Then went online to update MSAS. It updated to version 5735. Now it's working and I have the latest version. [1.0.615/5735] I hope you all can get yours working too.

21. urstarborn

urstarborn Guest

MSAS is now up to version 5737.

22. Rico

Rico Registered Member

5737?

Released versions of Windows AntiSpyware definition library files
    The following table lists each released version of the Windows AntiSpyware definition library files. For each definition library file, the table lists the file name, the date, and the time when the file was compiled in Pacific Time (US and Canada), the file size, the MD5 and SHA-1 hash values for the file, and the date when the file was released in Pacific Time. These files are located in the %programfiles%\Microsoft Antispyware folder on your computer. You can verify whether you have the latest signature update on your computer by using the information in this table.

Note The latest definition library files are listed first.Version File name Date/time compiled (PST) Size (bytes) MD5 hash SHA-1 hash Date released (PST)
    5735 gcThreatAuditScanData.gcd Jul. 13, 2005 17:46 2,623,318 4b4801d77eb0825441ba7fc68f5a4d21 1ddb87857a12a58c729e18a58c74202f78a26975 Jul. 13, 2005
    gcThreatAuditThreatData.gcd Jul. 13, 2005 17:46 1,341,696 542445ae80ac8bdc8a1ed22ae5aebb0c 4782655d19f9e8ff98885ca296359db328c6c3ff Jul. 13, 2005
    5733 gcThreatAuditScanData.gcd Jul. 6, 2005 16:46 2,587,595 00c011efc3963efaa7e7d71ff7a58990 88a3ef283b3da0efb13040e9944ffa530cc4e3a5 Jul. 6, 2005

23. slasher

slasher Guest

24. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi

I'm somewhat confused, yesterdays post (7/21/05) I tried MSAS download definitions & I was up to date at 5735. Then I checked:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892519#table

Which yesterday & today states most current version is 5735. This is supposed to be the released information.

Today I try again & I'm now with the rest of you at 5737. Perhaps they have a 2 - 3 day delay in, updating the above link?

Regards,
    rico

25. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.