Microsoft announces universal Windows, Windows Phone apps

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AlexC, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-announces-universal-windows-windows-phone-apps

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Deduplication of effort and less redundancy for developers. Easier and more seamless experience across different form factors; especially for end users who are loyal to Windows ecosystem.

This has the potential to be a smart move in the long run (few years down the road, the picture will be clearer). Microsoft is betting on this. On the other hand, it could be a disaster if developers and users are not keen. For now, anyone's guess.

Windows 8.x still haven't manage to pull as many die-hard classic desktop users (XP and 7). It also has to compete with ChromeOS. Windows Phone still competing with Android and iOS. A tough battle against all odds.

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I'll miss Windows Form Applications, i hope they last a few more years :)

4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I doubt it's going away anytime soon. Microsoft is known for "backwards compatibility".

5. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Ooh, can't wait for questions like: Why is my phone app so slow? It works so well on my PC and both my phone and PC have a quad CPU.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I must say that for the first time I´m starting to understand the idea behind Metro. :)

However, I still don´t really care about Metro at all, I simply do not need it, especially on desktop PC´s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.