Microsoft announces universal Windows, Windows Phone apps

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AlexC, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-announces-universal-windows-windows-phone-apps

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Deduplication of effort and less redundancy for developers. Easier and more seamless experience across different form factors; especially for end users who are loyal to Windows ecosystem.

This has the potential to be a smart move in the long run (few years down the road, the picture will be clearer). Microsoft is betting on this. On the other hand, it could be a disaster if developers and users are not keen. For now, anyone's guess.

Windows 8.x still haven't manage to pull as many die-hard classic desktop users (XP and 7). It also has to compete with ChromeOS. Windows Phone still competing with Android and iOS. A tough battle against all odds.

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I'll miss Windows Form Applications, i hope they last a few more years :)

4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I doubt it's going away anytime soon. Microsoft is known for "backwards compatibility".

5. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Ooh, can't wait for questions like: Why is my phone app so slow? It works so well on my PC and both my phone and PC have a quad CPU.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I must say that for the first time I´m starting to understand the idea behind Metro. :)

However, I still don´t really care about Metro at all, I simply do not need it, especially on desktop PC´s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.