Message Box poping up in the middle of my secreen.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by TMTech, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

Hi Everyone!

I keep gettting a Message Box poping up in the middle of my screen stating that my virus signatue has been successfully udated. I will get a screen shot as soon as it comes up again. I have attachted a screenshot of the user configuration screen wondering what the Notification Window setting does. I circled in red what I think might be the problem. Can you take a look at my attachement and tell me what this does. I am not talking about the ballon notification that comes in in the lower right. I have that turned off. Can someone help me with this?

THANKS!

Attached Files:

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi TMTech,

That setting just tells how long a message remains open.

Go to the "Advanced setup..." button and make sure "Display only notifications requiring user interaction" is checked.

Hope it helps.

BFG

3. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

Hey BFG,

That box was unchecked in my advanced setup. I just checked it and will monitor to see if that does the trick. Thanks for the help bud!

TM

4. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

Hey BFG,

I just wanted to give you a quick update. See my screen shot below. I checked the 'Display only notifications requiring user interaction' box and also changed the 'Minimum verbosity of events to display' from 'Informative Records' to 'Critical warnings'. I let this run as a test for a day and it seemed to do the trick. Thanks for your help and just wanted to add my update.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.