[merged] xp service pack 2 / xpservice pack2 again

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by fijiboy, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

Hi.
    I just printed out the Current Windows Product Id numbers because I want to install xp servicepak 2.These numbers are different than the numbers shown when I first installed id blaster and printed out the product id numbers.
    So my question is how can I make sure I can get the servicepak 2 installed properly.I don't know what the original numbers were or how to get back to the original id numbers.Is there a way to do that automatically through id blaster or do I have to do it manually.

2. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

xp service pack 2 again

Hi.
    I've just been reading some old posts specifically from javacool to the tester dated oct 6 2002.In that post javacool states that you can change back to the original id numbers easily.So how would I do that so that I can download and install the xp service pack.I can't find it and I don't know where to go to restore the original numbers.What would happen if I uninstalled id blaster.Would the original id #s return or would they be set on the last ones before I disabled randomization?
    Another question is from a post dated dec 18/19 2003 from wvman45 and reply from lowwatermark about how id blaster scrambles id #'s to prevent tracking.So what is the difference tracking wise between an id # and an ip address? Aren't they both visible or is the ip adress only visible when using hotmail/yahoo/norton etc. type applications.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Since both post's were on same subject by the same user I merged the two post's

bigc

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I have a C:\WINDOWS\repair folder that contains the registry as it was when XP was installed. Use some app like RegdatXP to open the "system" file. Navigate to and look for:

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\Key...

Works for me.

Nick

5. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

Thanx Nick.I'm going to try that.Sorry I had to get heavy to get some attention to this problem but oh well what's done is done and it can't be undone.

6. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Hi Fijiboy,
    I lost my original id numbers :oops: ,
    but i found the following workaround to start SP2 :D :

In ID Blaster I entered the Id that shows up in the info screen from one of the ofiice packages. I noticed they were different from the ones shown by ID Blaster and gave it a try.

The SP2 update than worked fine :D

Only problem now is that at startup I get the message that my product key isn't correct blah blah blah contact administrator blah blah :rolleyes:
    But it continues working !

So have a try

7. I did a restore to before I used ID-blaster, and that seems to have restored the IDs. I realised I had lost the original numbers just after I started to use id blaster, so a restore was easy.

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.