Memory Leaks w/ ATI 10 and Backup Verification

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cubfan65, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubfan65

cubfan65 Registered Member

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and new to ATI 10. I have been lurking for the past few weeks reading about other users who have been unsuccessful in verifying their backups using TI and most of the members of this forum have suggested that their computer may have a memory leak. I have been unable to verify my backup on my desktop computer, which admittedly is on the older side (I'll cite the specs below).

It looks like TI creates the backup image successfully (about 100GB) to an external USB 2.0 drive, but when I when it starts to verify, according to the log, the verification process halts at about 2 hours (it took 3 hours to create the backup image) and I receive the following error:

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated.
    Details:
    Image corrupted (0x70020)
    Tag = 0x82DB9339B70C3AFC

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot.

I tried TI on my laptop computer and used the same external USB drive as well as the same cable that I have been using on my desktop and my backup image of about 16GB was successfully created and verified. So me thinks that the external drive hardware is good.

I did download the Memorytestt86 as some users have mentioned. I ran this test on my desktop computer for over 18 hours and it came back with Pass:23 and Errors: 223 I have 640 MB in my desktop and the memorytestt86 highlighted failures at 328.1MB and 505.6MB. Am I to assume that those memory locations are producing the leaky memory? If so, is that my problem with TI not being able to verify?

Now since my notebook seems to work okay, I am wondering if I would be able to do the backup verification from the notebook over my network since it seems to be working okay?

Also, should I just replace my memory in my desktop and should that fix the problem?

Computer Specs:

Compaq 1.3GB Pentium
    RAM: 640MB
    Hard Drive 1: 320GB
    Hard Drive 2: 120GB

Regards,
    John

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You don't have leaky memory you have defective memory. Try swapping out a memory stick and rerun Memtest86+ to identify the failing stick. TI stresses memory more than other apps. Search the forum and you will find similar issues.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

thomasjk told you what you need to do but to directly answer your question about verification the answer is yes bad memory will definitely cause a validate to fail.

Bad memory may or may not cause symptoms when the PC is used for "normal" use. Bad bits in say a jpg image in memory may not even be noticed. Also, depending on what you are doing, such as composing an email, you may not even be using those locations.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cubfan65,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that faulty memory could cause the created images to be corrupted. Therefore, once you solve the memory problem, we recommend you to recreate images.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.