Memory Leak

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by crab, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crab

crab Registered Member

I have used Ewido from the start with good results, far outpacing competitive software. I recently upgrade to the AVG version. In doing so I developed a horrible memory leak which was traced back to AVG. After one week of running it was >250mb. I have now disabled it from startup and only use it manually. While there are many improvements with the latest version I feel the code is bad.

2. DevilFrank

DevilFrank Registered Member

More than 250MB - wow. I can´t see this.

Attached Files:

• avg.PNG
      avg.PNG
      File size:
      33 KB
      Views:
  3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Leak? I am afraid that it may not an appropiate term to describe it. I am using AVG AS plus with guard on alltime, and it sucks up 11688/9496 all the time. I have not encountered any sort of problem at all, my o/s is P4, 520 RAM, of course O&O Clever Cache pro I enlist may play an important role in this case. If its high usage of ram troubles you, why not try to add memory optimizer to your system, I am sure that will ease up memory starin. Good luck.:)

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Or just set up an automatic AVG AS Memory scan to run 2-3 times per day via 2-3 new profiles using just memory scan. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.