memory for Aladdin 5

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dontana, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontana

dontana Registered Member

o_O Good Day all....I was told that increasing memory would help with the overall "speed" of my puter. It only has 64meg. I would love to go to the "Office Depot" or somewhere similar to get the memory upgrade I need. Ah, alas, I `m not sure I know what to get. Is there a "universal" memory upgrade? Or do I need to know what kind of board it`s goin in. My board is an "Alladdin 5" , I have gone to "pcpitstop" and have a special site to visit that tells of my system. May I post that info here? I`d love to find a place to go that would not only tell of my system, but if you needed any kind of upgrades, it would tell what would work/compatible for the system tested. Wow, :eek: what an asset that would be! I`d probably still have some of my hair left! lol.
    -Don

2. dontana

dontana Registered Member

By the way............Some info on my system:
    AMD K6-2 w/multimedia extensions
    Bios -AwardSoftware International,Inc. 4.51PG 12/11/98
    Board: Aladdin5

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I am not saying that u should try this, but with my pc for memory upgrade, i purchased a static wrist strap, and mat, and removed the cover of my pc, but u should use a static wrist strap before doing anything to your pc, incase of any static damage to any component, On the side of the existing ram already, was all the information i needed, like 256 pc133 and168 pin so i went ahead and ordered it from ebuyer and installed it with no problem, now i have 640 mb of ram.
    To let u know as well i went to the official web site of the motherboard i have installed to check i did have the corect ram.
    the mul