Memory could not be referenced...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JeremyWW, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Anyone else had this? Just had a 'memory could not be referenced at address...blah, blah' from ekrn.exe after rebooting. Happened at the 'Windows is saving your savings...' panel. Clicked on OK to terminate as requested and has not happened since. Any thoughts / similar experiences?

XP Pro / SP2.

Thanks

2. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

Jeremy, if I understand your post you get the message during the shutdown phase as WinXP is closing.

I had that with a couple of programs when I ran XP. I seem to recall that the issue is that the Program is not closing properly or is still writing to open Registry Hives. Normally its an annoyance rather than a major problem.

If it persists I'd let Eset know as they need to fix the programs behaviour on shutdown. I used to get it with some version of Omnipage but a program update resolved the issue.

If it happens on booting then see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262490

Microsoft helpfully notes for XP: "To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP."

If it was me I'd be hoping that it was occuring on Shutdown cause there isn't a lot of help if its at boot;)

3. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Yes...at shutdown...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.