media player replacements ??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

after updating media player to day i was very displeased and unimpressed as media player imo is becoming bloated and I'm afraid it just isn't cutting the mustard anymore its bloated it keeps trying to connect to the net with out my permission it has only a limited number of codacs so there for it cant play media like mov or avi i don't like the interface plus its now rigged for xp which is no good for me as I'm on 98 se etc

so what i need is a fast lite easy to use no frills crap ware free media player that can play any audio or video format and is easily updated with new codacs if i doesn't have the necessary one to play a particular video/audio

so far how ever my search have come up empty so thats why i have come here so see if anyone knows of a media player that would be suitable as i have tried a myriad of other media players but haven't found anything suitable

suggestions anyone ??

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hmm I really don't have any particularly good advice but www.oldversion.com has old realplayers and things like that; of course if you update them they become the same crap as the new spying ones.. But perhaps you would find somehing of interest over there.

3. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi,

BSPlayer : http://www.bsplayer.org/

Rgds,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.