McAfee - What happened?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iwod, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Is everyone too focused on Recent Norton Improvement. I could hardly find any information or discussion on McAfee new AV.

Edit:

I just read this

http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/2009/09/why_i_havent_reviewed_mcafee_2.php

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I also find NO information on What's new in the update.

I was only interested in their Product after they give a 6 months Trial version.

Looks like i wont be using them then.

3. dschrader

dschrader AV Expert

McAfee Turns Back the Clock; Ships 2009 product in 2010

McAfee Turns Back the Clock; Ships 2009 product in 2010

In an innovative solution to the challenges of shipping new products, McAfee, Inc. (NYSE: MFE) has taken a new approach - shipping their 2009 home security solutions in 2010 packaging. The McAfee solution breaks with industry tradition of shipping product of the same year as appears on the outside of the box.

“We would have shipped the 2010 product in our 2010 boxes”, explained President and Chief Executive Officer Dave DeW, “but our computers are running so slowly due the virus scanner that it is simply not done compiling.” Mr. DeW went on to explain, “our users are too dumb to notice the difference, besides which, we’ll send then the 2010 products some day.”

Reaction from industry analysts has been mixed, with some decrying McAfee’s move as sneaky and underhanded, while others applaud it for the same reasons. “This saves us the trouble of running tests”, explains one underpaid hack, “we can just run last year’s review and change 2009 to 2010.” Other reviews expressed relief, as their test machines ran so slowly with McAfee’s 2009 products that they struggled to complete their tests.

A careful analysis of McAfee Total Protection 2010 has confirmed that McAfee has broken new ground by repackaging MTP 2009. “It’s not like the bits have gone bad,” explained one McAfee Product Manager, “well, not any worse than when we first shipped them.” David M., McAfee’s Manager of Misinformation offered another explanation, “this is simply a move to help avert global warming,” he offered, “by recycling our bits we cut energy use by 22%. We believe that our 2010 products were the greenest product development project in history.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so I took some creative privileges - but take a look at this:

http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/200938/4469/Is-McAfee-selling-2009-products-in-a-2010-box

4. SammyJack

SammyJack Registered Member

"OK, so I took some creative privileges - but take a look at this:"

Wow,thanks for the caveat!!

Otherwise i was going to download McAfee due to refreshing honesty!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.