McAfee Security Centre

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Albinoni, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Does McAfee Security Centre have a built in firewall. The reason I asked is that my Father uses this on his XP PC and when I open MC SC from the taskbar and go to the firewall tab, it only allows me trial a 30 day period of the FW. I thought being a security centre it would have a built in firewall, or am I getting mixed up with security centres and security suites.

2. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

it does not have a firewall built-in. what you see is a link to their trial version of mcafee firewall.

3. controler

controler Guest

Yes Mcafee could have a firewall as part of it's suite but father maybe chose not to install that part.
    The suite comes with different moduals. AV, firewall, Spam ect. You chose which ones you want to install.

4. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

McAfee Security Center doesn't have anything useful built in as it's merely a monitoring application, duplicating much of the functionality of Windows XP Security Center. It will alert you to any "holes" in your security setup and recommend the appropriate McAfee solution to plug the holes.

5. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Hang on, what are you telling me that McAfee Security Centre hasn't got a built in firewall yet again antivirus. Well I think it has got an AV for sure because when I open up McAfee SC and go to My Security Centre, its got there stuff like My Antivirus Index, My Antihacker Index and My Antiabuse Index with graphs next to them. Also on the botom it says windows firewall detected. Also when I go to virusscan it tells me that virus scan is currently protecting your computer from viruses.

Also as far as I know Win XP does not have a security centre apart from its SP2 firewall.

Sorry I'm totally confused about this o_O

6. Siro

Siro Registered Member

Mcafee Security Center is just a replacement for Windows Security Center as pointed out above it just gives you the state of your pc is in about Firewall Protection,Windows Updates and Antivirus.
    If you have its antivirus installed then its good trying out their firewall is not a bad idea as well because its quite simple to use and hardly takes up any resources because windows firewall doesnt allow you any control over outbound connections only inbound.

7. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

8. alien x

alien x Registered Member

:D It seems that you are confused between McAfee Shopping Centre :D and McAfee Internet Security.
    The first one has McAfee Antivirus full and the others (firewall, privacy,antispam) are just trials.
    McAfee Internet Security has all of them full.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.