Mcafee misses virus, F-Prot picks it up

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Main, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Main

Main Guest

Are you sure I should have this Av as my resident shield, it doesn't seem to do much.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Main,

I think we would need a little more information on what exactly happened, to give you a founded judgement on that. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Every AV can miss a virus. That is where you (user/consumer) play important rule. Send infected or suspected file to AntiVirus vendor that you currently use. ;)

Technodrome

4. Main

Main Guest

Pretty sure it was another script, these things never seem to be caught in Mcafee but I'm okay with it.

I have faith in Mcafee even though at times I want to get rid of it.

Hopefully these little viruses that it can't catch aren't a major threat on my system.

It's good to have 2 av's on board to make sure.

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

2 av's on your system is not a guarantee to make 100% sure every virus will be catched.

A lot of people think the same way like you, and assume they are completely safe with 2 or even more av's on one system, and are very surprised when a virus was not catched by one or more installed av-programs.

It is just like Technodrome explained already: "Every AV can miss a virus".

Better 1 top-notch av on your system then 2 or more other av's, and besides that, most of the top-notch av's are using the Kaspersky Engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.