McAfee detected 'Exploit - MhtRedir.gen'

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T772, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T772

T772 Guest

Hi,
    while i was looking for some infomation on this file I found on my system called 'C07ft5Y' - I seem to have been infected with this exploit as i got a pop-up saying McAfee had deleted (Exploit - MhtRedir.gen) this in >C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local or this :\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\ not sure which. Link for virus;-

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101033

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101033

But I did a full scan of my system and it came up clean, then I did a online scan at KAS and nothing. The sites I was looking at were winguides.com, go2share.net and pcguide.com, so maybe these sites could be dangerous not sure? IT was very strange, as I did a full scan yesterday and found nothing, but updated today with the latest DAT file, so I was wondering if this could of been on my system for a while any ideas? BUT if i have had an exploit on my system KAS would of picked it up a while ago?

I would really please like some advice on this matter.

Anyway the good news is that i did find some information on that file 'C07ft5Y' at this site >http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=9961

Thanks for any help,

kind regards

Tom

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

more info Here it looks as if it is a needed file by several different apps.

3. T772

T772 Guest

Thanks for the info on 'C07ft5'. I was kinda more concered on what McAfee reported and deleted though. Thanks thou BigC.

T

4. bigc73542

here is what Panda AV has to say about the exploit Here

5. T772

T772 Guest

Hi, BigC so this is quite an old Exploit then 'April2004', so if it had been on my system prior to today it would have most likely been picked up by my AV or even AT, so should I worry about this?

Regards T

6. bigc73542

I would make sure that you have the MS updateHere mentioned in the Panda Info and then I would run the panda online scan and see if it picks up the exploit or not if not it could be a false positive on mcafees part. If Panda doesn't pick it up run mcafee again and see if it alerts on it again. If so You might want to run Ewido (they have a free trial) and if it is still there ewido should alert on it and and be able to take care of it.

7. T772

T772 Guest

I think its gone, But I will scan with Ewidomost likely do another online scan and see what happens, I owe you one, Thanks T

8. bigc73542

I just hope your problem is gone ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.