Mcafee AV linuxshield

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bob_man_uk, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

up till now there have been many linux antivirus scanners, BUT how many can boast on access scanning and on demand scanning, 2-3 days ago mcafee brought out their beta of linuxshield which withing the first hour caused many problems and headaches, i on the otherhand loved it, it installed perfectlly and is now protecting my internet gateway server and mailserver. if you want it just go to mcafee's website click on downloads and look for betadownloads, it eleven meg but worth the wait, it currently only works on REDHAT 9 (I got it on 7.3) and suse 8.2-9.0 (basically and liux os that reads *.RPM.

enjoy

matty G

2. girdu

girdu Registered Member

Matty,

Does the on-access scan is working fine on RH 7.3 ? I also have 7.3 but the installation is giving me error...

Thanks,
    Gird

3. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

I had the latest kernel installed we have used it as a file server and needed a way to protect the files, now mcafee have released it as a puker program, I have recentley tried it on a fresh install of red hat 9 but it wants a lot of other things installing,

ps it was never meant to be installed on 7.3, it slowed my server right down to a halt so I had to uninstall it. maybe an upgrade will be better before you istall it

hope it helps

matty G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.