mcafee autoupdate

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bob_man_uk, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

is there a way I can tell mcafee 4.5.1 to update without having to go to the machine, i have approximtely 100 machines and I dont really want to have to go to them, but I need to get them updating without using any tools like Protectionpilot or EPolicy orchestrator, I already use autoupdate architect but the machines refuse to update from it. also if you could, is there a file that mcafee uses to store the sites used for updating ie when you add an ftp site for example where is it stored, and when it is stored is it possible to take the file and place it somewhere else so that the same sites can be used elsewhere.

i know what ive just wrote probably doesnt make sence but please reply as best as possible.

thanks in advance.

matty G aka bOb

2. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

Hi Bob_Man_UK-
    I wish I could help you with Mcafee but I've never used it. If you are using EPO to distribute your AV definitions & update it sounds like its more trouble than its worth. I use Symantec Corporate edition and when the AV server downloads the updates, it then distributes MicroDefs to the clients automaticly. 100 computers update in just a couple minutes.
    Every aspect of the program can be administered centrally through an installed MMC snap-in. Very light on resources and easy to use, might be worth a look when your Mcafee license comes due.
    Hope this helped.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you are needing an antivirus computer associates has a promo on their server edition Av which has two scan engines. It is free for life program and updates. It has a feature to upload def. updates to all comps on the network. It updates every day.

http://etrustantivirus-central.ca.com/v7/eav7promo.exe

it doesn't show win xp but it is 100% xp compatible.

Attached Files:

4. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

at pressent I do not have the ability to use EPO on our servers, i have looked at etrust and will no doubt be using ing it in some 3 years from now but only last month has our company paid for a licance renewal with mcafee and now suddenly I get this problem, oh well, I guess it a lot of work 4 me then,

thanks any way

matty G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.