McAfee #1 in malware detection??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by littlebits, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I have never compared OA + comodo in my post. I have compared OA free and OA paid. I have compared comodo IS and Avast IS...not as products but as chances to get support or get issues fixed is a faster and maybe more responsible way.

Not the same sorry. I don't know what Avast will do but since I have paid I expect to provide a solution fast if the fault is theirs.

Never said the opposite. The only thing I've said is that you must have the knowledge to pick and combine the various free software. This is also valid when you buy software but when you want a totally free solution for all your security layers then you must have a much better knowledge since free software usually has less features and you'll have to counterbalance. :)

2. smage

smage Registered Member

Once MSE outperforms NIS in AV-C, all these arguments to justify that we have to pay for security will crumble to pieces and hopefully inefficient companies like Mcafee will bite the dust first(Though I know it will never happen in reality as Mcafee is well established in the corporate world).

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

For me, no doubt that McAfee is no. 1 in malware detection. You can rely on McAfee Generic Artemis technology. Even i have tested it on my VM and found that when we set "Artemis to High" it will detect most of the malware before it get into your PC.

4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

It appears that Symantec may be listening...

5. ameyap

ameyap Registered Member

reading mcafee as no in anything expect from the bottom of the list made me laugh

6. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Artemis has a very high false positive rate. No one in their right mind would use it in anything but an experimental capacity unless you are willing to turn it way down in which case it worse than the top five AV vendors.

Also, artemis is just signatures in the cloud. It can't detect brand new threats like Norton's insight technology which is based on reputation.

7. Sher

Sher Registered Member

They have a very high detection rate, but a huge number of false positives, and other performance issues make it a no-no product.

8. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

every av company have made mistakes in the past and will probably make some more in the future!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.