Mc afee again

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by controler, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

well gang

I thought I would try Mc Afee's firewall AV again just to see if they have changed their ways.
    I installed the new Beta 8.0
    After doing so my laptop locked up so bad when visiting web sites. I had to remove the battery to shut it down.
    One good things is , this time the uninstall worked well for now.
    I uninstalled everything with the uninstall program and everything seems normal again.
    The software looked pretty so I was lured into trying it again.

2. Well, have you seen what they did to the beta 8 for their products? They basically made their "Security Center" the centerpiece of all their software, so if you only own one McAfee product it will incessantly bug you to buy more McAfee! With that I got rid of EVERYTHING McAfee a couple of weeks ago and replaced the AV with KAV! Good riddance.. I'm lucky I did n't pay for most of my McAFee products, there are so many rebates today for McAfee you can basically get them for free.. LOL... ;)

3. jdong

jdong Registered Member

Could they be trying to merge their online product with their retail product??

4. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

IMO there is just too many issues, probs & bugs with Mcafee products.
    A shame, cos Virusscan is really an excellent AV.
    Used it until recently on my other box with some success, but when it began to act strange(again), after the 7.03 update, i have now stopped using it.
    A shame cos i really liked it
    Regards
    Ole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.