MBR is out of date

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Antarctica, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Pete, I bought the version from Raxco, but emailing won't help.
    Just sent it to Mark from Raxco and he pointed out to address the issue to LeapFrog/Horizon-Datasys, so that's what I did.

Raxco no longer sells it, so they don't offer support for it anymore. :doubt:

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Just ignore,minor impact,have a good image at hand in case......,in latest version
    MBR is untouched,so makes no sense to worry about.

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Thanx, guys, I installed on April 29th and so far have not seen this message.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Thats nonsense. See PM

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Thanks for the PM Pete. :)
    Email has been sent, so I'll let you know.

Wonder why the other person redirected me to LeapFrog. :rolleyes:

6. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings All,

This is a bug in the current x.202 versions. As many have guessed it is an annoying reminder message from a legacy feature. It has been fixed for future releases, but here is the solution for x.202:

1. Open the ..."ISR Control" CLI (There is a shortcut in the Start/Programs area for your *flavor* of the product.
    2. Type in the following command: config erdage 0
    3. That's it! You should get a return prompt saying "Forever". This will keep ISR from bugging you about the legacy MBR reminder.

-Todd

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Todd. You and your wonderfully thoughful and Xtremely talented Team AFAIK are nothing short of Legendary in this development of FD-ISR.

There are simply not enough compliments that could possibly match what your creation is meant to the computing/working world like you guys/gals have so finely fashioned.

The timing of your first releases onward have set an earmark for the world and is placed this SUPER rollback program at the very pinnacle of reliability and is done wonders for confidence on a level never before imagined.

I know many share in my wholehearted thanks to you AND your associates for making the impossible very possible and bringing a newfound design to light for this entire world to trust.

You guys and your product deserves more than but simple brief compliments, you are all so much well deserving of an award for the highest achievement that is worthy of the record books and is LEGENDARY. P.E.R.I.O.D.

Thank You and may the light of All good things always fall to your favor as a result of this generosity along with all those efforts you worked hard at that has made it all a reality worth noting.

EASTER

8. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Wow EASTER, you completely took me off-guard. I could cry; well almost ;)
    Such kind comments. I am glad to see you enjoy the product. btw: I am emailing my development team your comments. I may even frame it!

It is us that bows to you. Without you guys, ISR would be, well, not-ISR. 10,000 thanks!

We are very busy at LSI wilth all sort of new development taking place. We are keeping the ISR flame going with new features and capabilities, but *hopefully* without the common problem of product bloat(simple is best).

Take care all

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Your Welcome. And that sentiment still stands. Your Team and yourself have done a gret service for the Windows computing world and all of you deserve the very BEST of compliment and appreciation.

It is 100% fact and a well-deserved credit to your own generosity (and development Team) for bringing something this magnificiently creative about for all the world to confidently turn to for confidence and reliability above ALL others.

EASTER

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Leapfrog, Easter speaks for all of us, he just knows how to word things. :cool:

And if you can make FD even better WITHOUT bloat, we bow down to you! :D

Acadia

11. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

Todd.

I second everything EASTER says, only he says it so beautifully I couldnt hope to compete.
    Seriously, you are the sort of company that us users dream about to deal with, and thank heavens we found you.

You are a role model for customer service and support, and only wish others would follow your example.

Many Thanks.

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

AMEN!!!!

13. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thanks Todd for the very fast reply regarding this little annoying problem.I'm sure it will fix i.:)

14. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Many thanks Todd for your quick response to this annoying problem. :)
    Not at home for the moment, but will try it later on.
    Thanks again & keep up the good work. :thumb:

15. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Is the same MBR fix required even if you uninstalled the last build along with all snapshots?

I haven't had the reminder yet by the way with the latest build.

16. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I copied Leapfrogs post in my installation file of FDISR. I never had a "MBR is out of date" situation, but you never know.
    Frankly, I never had any technical problems with FDISR and if I had a problem it was always caused by my own stupidity.
    In such case, I used a smart image to overwrite my stupidity.

17. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Good idea Erik, I will do the same.

18. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I guess it wouldn't hurt to apply the fix to your installation, so you won't receive that message. :)

19. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I just applied the fix, so I'm relieved to finally getting rid of that message. :D

At the same time I received a response from Raxco with about the same explanation as above.

Thanks Pete, LeapFrog & Raxco & anyone else who participated to this thread. :D ;)

Case closed. :p

20. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

That's been driving me mad for months now. Since updating to the latest version pretty well.

Thanks for the fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.