MBR Error

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Fajo, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

After using the Computer management console in Windows 7 to resize a partition. Applying Brings and alert up about 10 sec later that Access to the MBR has been detected and blocked the attempt.

There is no scan log nothing from Prevx that I can send you Joe. But you might want to have a look into this I can reproduce it on this end.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Screenshot of it Joe!

infected.jpg

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Just a FYI if you choose remove your computer goes *****BOOOOOOOOMMMMM**** (Hugs Imaging software) :D Btw I need the key reset the Image was BEFORE I put Prevx on rofl.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It would generally be recommended to disable Prevx when changing disks/partitions - Prevx will indeed detect the change to the MBR and warn about it, but if you have legitimately changed it, you should definitely trust the change or find yourself in a not-so-pleasant situation :)

And I have now reset your license as well :)

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You might want to see if you can find away around this. Most users are not going to think of that Joe, and just click the remove button. Not the best ways to start customer relations with that person. :argh:

6. PrevxHelp

Indeed :doubt: I'll see what we can do to prevent warning on a change only to the partition table. For what it's worth - did the OS become completely unbootable or did Prevx essentially "undo" the change you made to the partition size?

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I would not say unbootable to say. Insert System disk does pop up :D. But that does not mean you cant fix it, Imaging over the problem was just faster lol. :blink: Anyways if you want I can mess with it more see what it actually does. Just kind of figured that would be something you wanted to play with.

8. PrevxHelp

Don't worry - keep your system intact :D I'll have some fun here playing with it :D

Thanks for the information! :)

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

If I do anymore playing it will be in VM environment :D. It was a stupid thing for me to do in the first place the sad part is I know better. :doubt:

10. ako

ako Registered Member

This happened to me too last weekend during chancing the partition size. I of course told Prevx not to remove the beast. Very dangerous indeed....

11. PrevxHelp

We've just made a change in our MBR detection which should significantly reduce the scope of these issues. This will be released in the next update, due out later this week.

Thanks for the testing :)

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Let me know when this update goes Live I want to play with it alittle more.

13. ako

ako Registered Member

My pleasure! :thumb:

14. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Joe! Please reset my darn key again. :cautious: We wont get into why. :blink:

EDIT.
    (PMing you JOE with additional info)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.