MBR Error Solution

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Capp, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I just installed the Beta version (I've had a paid version for awhile) and Love it!!!!. Way to go Eset.

I got the error so many before me have posted about error while scanning MBR. MBR sector of the 3. physical disk - Error reading disk sector

Well, I don't have a 3rd hard drive and my disk is just fine. BUT, I do have a laserjet printer that attaches via USB and Windows likes to set it as a "removable" drive.

After the initial scan that gave me the error, I turned off the printer and made sure I didn't have any more USB devices turned on and then started another scan....No error.

I realize this error message COULD actually be an MBR problem, but maybe this solution will help others

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume your printer storage drive does not use any MBR sector or uses a non-standard one, hence NOD32 reports the error.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Correct. It is just connected via USB. I also get the error when I connect my Thumb-drive via USB as well.

I only posted this so that, in case of simlar circumstances, users might be able to figure out if it is a simple problem or if they have a real error :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.