MBAM, SAS and Immunet Qs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Iangh, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Whenever you see a post about a bad infection invariably one sees MBAM or SAS noted as the saviour.

From what I read I understand that MBAM and SAS are not full-blown a-v yet they get excellent press even without the extensive testing that avast, avira et al undergo.

Why don't they become full-blown a-v if they are so good?

How useful is their real-time guard if it covers a limited number of malware?

It looks as though Immunet free is playing in the same space as a companion product. Should I wait to see excellent reports wrt Immunet as a saviour before using it?

It seems the testing for a-v is rigorous whereas the reputation of companion a-v is built on word-of-mouth.

Ian

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

MBAM and SAS find and remove trojans, rootkits and scareware. Typically they do this better then AVs. Why should they try to become "full blown Avs"? They get good press because they work in the field. MBAM and SAS are programs to fall back on when you get an infection that the AV can't deal with.

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I am sure you have heard that .. "Jack of everything, Master of none"

So in ma opinion, MBAM and SAS following this quotation religiously...They don't want be "Jack of Everything"...and this what i feel is better for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.