MBAM beta testers

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by stapp, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i guess so and i was really looking forward to testing it.

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Give them some time, I have had to wait weeks till I got a message back to become a beta tester for a product.

3. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

I don't think the problem is the wait. I'ts the assumption that the requirement for "advanced user" is being able to repeatedly tap on a mouse.:)

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Maybe when you become a software developer you can issue your own prerequisites for beta testers. And when your decision doesn't sit well with someone somewhere, they can make sarcastic remarks about you.

5. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Well, I can speak for myself and say I WAS a software developer for many years and I wouldn't have treated people interested in beta testing this way. There were NO REQUIREMENTS posted. We signed up. We have not heard anything.

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Does everyone who wants to be a beta tester get to be a beta tester?

7. TheIgster

No, of course not. Personally, when I ran my company, I had people fill out a form that asked questions like "What makes you a good best tester?", "What do you hope to achieve beta testing?", etc.

This signup just had us enter our first and last names and an email address. It didn't say anything about qualifying or what the requirements were.

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

So what is the problem, really?
    You applied to be a beta tester and you never heard back?

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yup everyone of us.

10. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Yes, plenty of time yet, isn't it still afternoon in sunny California now?
    Also, if they sent e-mail and you confirmed, then they'll surely send link for beta.
    If they refused to let some of you guys test, then yes that seems harsh and
    unclear, as you're all apparantly knowledgable and advanced users.

11. TheIgster

How do you know this?

And Page42, you seem to be on a personal vendetta here for some reason. You work for MBAM? We are just wondering with it being late afternoon, why we haven't heard anything and also note the post about being a regular poster over at their forum in order to be a beta tester. No Admin has debunked that, which surprises me, so maybe it's true. Would be nice to see a post from someone in the know letting us know what is going on, that's all.

12. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Yes, not totally sure until/if it happens.

13. Rednose!

Rednose! Registered Member

Boys :)

Please be a little patient. What's the problem with a few hours or a day waiting o_O

Greetz, Red.

14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

A personal vendetta? Huh? You and someone else are on this thread moaning about MBAM's harsh way of treating you just because you sent them email YESTERDAY(?) and they haven't responded, and you ask if I'm on a vendetta? I didn't ask you if you work for a MBAM competitor, did I?

MBAM is almost ready to release v1.45. I would guess they aren't really needing a bunch of beta testers at the last minute. (I just read Marcin's call for testers from yesterday so I take this statement back.)

In my opinion, you and this other person just needed something to complain about today and you picked this beta testing subject. It's ridiculous, really, to be whining about how MBAM didn't answer your email sent yesterday.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  15. Watasha

Someone is miffed?:D

Any requirement (as TheIgster said) wasn't issued upon signup and even if it was, the requirement of having 3 green heads would have made as much sense as the apparent requirement of "having 50 posts". That's what this is about, it's ridiculous and a bit funny. If Ibrad, Brocke, TheIgster, you or I got turned down from a small closed-beta setting, fine. But to put out a open "can somebody with a monitor, wall plug, keyboard, and internet connection help us" test, which has no requirements other than that said above and being able to face-roll a keyboard, and turn down users because of our lack of posts is a bit strange. o_O

16. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Good point. I agree

17. TheIgster

page42, just let it go and let us discuss this. Not sure why you feel the need to complain about us complaning.

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

If you stop and think about it it for a minute, it's not that strange. "Having 50 posts" certainly is not a way of picking savy beta testers exclusively, but it IS a way of selecting average users who can provide input predicated on an average user's experiences with the new version. And the assumption that 50 post users have merely been clicking a mouse button isn't entirely fair, nor accurate. I'd say that some users first went to that forum with a problem and became quite knowledgable by the time their issue was ironed out... or as knowledgable as one needs to be to beta test. And there are plenty of 50 post users who are as smart or smarter than you, so denigrating the entire group as being people who only have to know how to face-roll a keyboard is leaving out a large segment of the 50 post users.

19. Watasha

Well apparently they aren't too giddy about commenting on their forum. I wish I had thousands of posts there, then I'd turn them down.:D JK

20. Watasha

From MBAM forum:

"Only advanced users should participate in the beta testing program."

The examples I used were for a laugh and to get my point across.

21. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

That is one of the most entertaining lines I've ever read on this forum... "Not sure why you feel the need to complain about us complaning". LOL! Where does that stop? TheIgster, just let it go, not sure why you feel the need to complain about me complaining about you complaining?

You are posting in a public forum about how slighted you feel because someone didn't answer your email from yesterday. That is definitely going to get a response from the "I-can't-believe-you-mean-it" folks, of which you can count me as one.

22. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Let's keep this on MBAM not arguing for that will lead us nowhere.

Now in my personal opinion the 50 post rule is a good idea. We don't want users to come on a forum make one post and be able to beta test. Most of the time the people who stay on the forum and have more then 50 posts are the ones who know how to beta test and know how to fix problems.

(This is no way an official response from MBAM just my personal opinion)

23. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

24. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I think that the people that are allowed to beta test do so knowing that it could cause conflicts with their system. Its hard to judge a persons experience by 50 posts. I mean look at page42's posts.

25. Watasha

:argh: LOL

I agree, but if you're gonna have a post limit, make it more than 50. More than one person (not me) is a licensed user, that should be valued.

Ibrad......If they're worried about who is doing the testing then they shouldn't have made it an open-call signup right? I don't care if they want me to help or not, I'm just trying to figure out how their minds work.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.