Maybe it is the right time for Prevx.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I assume you mean while on line ? How is the speed with Prevx running the rest of the time ?

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I dont notice any slowdown, and I am very picky about this.:thumb:

3. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Trjam,
    Long time user of Prevx along with Online Armor, nothing else. I trust Prevx to catch anything I might allow through OA with an incorrect answer to a pop-up query. Am interested to know what Mode Setting you are running Prevx in, ABC or Pro? Darren (Ghiser 1) has said that in cases where Prevx has failed a test it can often be because the user/tester was running it in Pro or Expert Mode and incorrectly answering the pop-up queries where if it had been running in ABC Mode it would have automatically stopped the infection from running or executing without asking. Will be following this thread with great interest,
    Ian

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I run in Pro.;)

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Prevx uers,

If you have a full trust in Prevx's central command, select ABC mode.
    If you wish to take everything into your own hand, you can select Pro or even Expert mode, Turing it into a classic HIPS, more funs but more headaches. Take care.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

:eek: Good point, I will switch mine to this setting and see how it does. Anyway, what gives me the right to think I am a "Pro.":rolleyes:

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Prevx2 is a great product, but, I have to admit the layered approach is the only true way to try and get to 100 percent protection.

8. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi Trjam, can you explain to a 'noob' what you mean by this?

9. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Like in winter you are better off wearing several layers against the cold a similar situation arises with your defenses.

Basically there is no single line of defense that can fully protect you 100% regardless of vendor marketing claims or users bragging of perfection in their security...

You must address practically every single attack vectors leveraged by those bent on owning your pc... and this requires some thoughts and a slight investment.

10. Long View

Long View Registered Member

LOL Many layers of clothing will no doubt keep you warm in winter. However, I just can't get the image out of my mind of the same amount of clothing being worn by people in a sweltering hot summer - just in case the temperature happens to drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.