may i ask you your advises,the best nod version for w764bit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mantra, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i know there is a sub forum for eset av

but if i ask which is the best nod32 smart security for w7 64 bit they told me the last v beta :(

i would really love to install the more stable version to avoid headache
    i think about smart secutiy 4 or 5

can you share with me your feedbacks?

i will appreciate it alot!

thanks

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Whatever answer you get here you should always stick to the latest ESET retail available. Now is: 6.0.316. This is valid for ESET and any other security related tool. Otherwise switch to another security tool that you can keep fully up-to-date.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I have been running eset for nearly 3 years on all my machines and it has been the most trouble free AV.

as to the OP I would suggest running the latest stable which which is 6.0.316.0

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I would try ESET in a VM first. I've found that it sometimes doesn't play nice with other applications - in my case Jetico Firewall. If you're going to run Smart Security you obviously won't have another firewall conflicting, but perhaps something else will. Better to find out in a VM and not have to deal with the cleanup on your real system.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    thanks to all

i use only smart security and sandboxie

i was thinking about v5 smart security or even v4

thanks

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I still use version 4. It's the leanest one, and nothing that has been added in later versions are things I want or need.

7. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I'm using it on WIN XP, version 6.0.316.0 is very stable.

Smart Security. Not sure why you are mentioning NOD ?

I see no reason to pick an older version. So I would suggest installing the latest non-beta version.

Of course it's possible that it will not run fine on your system, but that's what imaging software is for :)

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i am using v7 myself its in beta but i have had zero issues. and i liked v5 and newer better than v4 personally. i use smart security also. v7 def feels lighter so far then v6 did. also so far at least on this system i am typing with the ram usage is also lower with v7 by a decent amount. i really hope they continue on this path

9. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

100% agreed

I m using ESET Smart Security 4.2.76.0 Business Edition and I m fully satisfied,give it a try

10. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks mates , really for the feedbacks

you know , i wanted to receive only some feedbacks about the the more or one of the most stable version for w7 64bit

in the past i got issue with firewall , av and other software

i would like to install only few security software but trusty and stable

thanks a lot!

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

for win7 i can honestly say the beta v7 is rock solid for me. using it on i think 6 systems not a problem with any and ram usage and cpu % seems to be much better than v6 i do hope they continue that but i had not had a issue with v6 either. i installed it and basically let it run only had to update when there was a full program update. otherwise i never heard a peep from them (more than 20+ systems at our office) during that time. i am a bit of a over the top person when it comes to testing av's and i put them through hell. i try to test almost every which possible way of causing a issue or trying to infect them. for me my top three are in my sig. i own lic's on a multi year basis for nearly every av on the market except maybe 3 i can think of off the top of my head and even those i run the beta when available or i use the trial here and there to test out the newest version. these are (until someone comes along to topple one of them) my three i can recc. to anyone including clients and feel good about it and we also deal with many other av's on a daily basis.

12. fax

fax Registered Member

So, there is some broad consensus.... 6 and even 7beta are good to go. Now, up to you to follow the suggestion or go back to old 4 and 5 as you seems to suggest anyway ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.