may i ask you your advises,the best nod version for w764bit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mantra, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i know there is a sub forum for eset av

but if i ask which is the best nod32 smart security for w7 64 bit they told me the last v beta :(

i would really love to install the more stable version to avoid headache
    i think about smart secutiy 4 or 5

can you share with me your feedbacks?

i will appreciate it alot!

thanks

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Whatever answer you get here you should always stick to the latest ESET retail available. Now is: 6.0.316. This is valid for ESET and any other security related tool. Otherwise switch to another security tool that you can keep fully up-to-date.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I have been running eset for nearly 3 years on all my machines and it has been the most trouble free AV.

as to the OP I would suggest running the latest stable which which is 6.0.316.0

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I would try ESET in a VM first. I've found that it sometimes doesn't play nice with other applications - in my case Jetico Firewall. If you're going to run Smart Security you obviously won't have another firewall conflicting, but perhaps something else will. Better to find out in a VM and not have to deal with the cleanup on your real system.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    thanks to all

i use only smart security and sandboxie

i was thinking about v5 smart security or even v4

thanks

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I still use version 4. It's the leanest one, and nothing that has been added in later versions are things I want or need.

7. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I'm using it on WIN XP, version 6.0.316.0 is very stable.

Smart Security. Not sure why you are mentioning NOD ?

I see no reason to pick an older version. So I would suggest installing the latest non-beta version.

Of course it's possible that it will not run fine on your system, but that's what imaging software is for :)

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i am using v7 myself its in beta but i have had zero issues. and i liked v5 and newer better than v4 personally. i use smart security also. v7 def feels lighter so far then v6 did. also so far at least on this system i am typing with the ram usage is also lower with v7 by a decent amount. i really hope they continue on this path

9. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

100% agreed

I m using ESET Smart Security 4.2.76.0 Business Edition and I m fully satisfied,give it a try

10. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks mates , really for the feedbacks

you know , i wanted to receive only some feedbacks about the the more or one of the most stable version for w7 64bit

in the past i got issue with firewall , av and other software

i would like to install only few security software but trusty and stable

thanks a lot!

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

for win7 i can honestly say the beta v7 is rock solid for me. using it on i think 6 systems not a problem with any and ram usage and cpu % seems to be much better than v6 i do hope they continue that but i had not had a issue with v6 either. i installed it and basically let it run only had to update when there was a full program update. otherwise i never heard a peep from them (more than 20+ systems at our office) during that time. i am a bit of a over the top person when it comes to testing av's and i put them through hell. i try to test almost every which possible way of causing a issue or trying to infect them. for me my top three are in my sig. i own lic's on a multi year basis for nearly every av on the market except maybe 3 i can think of off the top of my head and even those i run the beta when available or i use the trial here and there to test out the newest version. these are (until someone comes along to topple one of them) my three i can recc. to anyone including clients and feel good about it and we also deal with many other av's on a daily basis.

12. fax

fax Registered Member

So, there is some broad consensus.... 6 and even 7beta are good to go. Now, up to you to follow the suggestion or go back to old 4 and 5 as you seems to suggest anyway ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.