Maxthon 4.1.0.3000 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Hot on the heels of 4.1.0.2000 there has been a new release.

Maxthon Forums

So, what's happened to Maxthon's content blocker?

2. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Thank you for the heads-up! Updating now...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. Daveski17

You're welcome.

4. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Manage Links

Is there in Maxthon a way to manage links in a web site?

Like Ctrl+Shift+L in Opera.

:doubt:

5. Daveski17

Re: Manage Links

I'm not sure what Ctrl+Shift+L actually did in Opera. Maxthon has a resource sniffer though, although I don't know if it has the same function.

6. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I like Maxton, it's light, it's not bloated and it is lightning fast.

But it's Phishing and Malware protection is really lacking, especially in comparison to other browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox and soon Opera).

If they concentrated more on security, This would clearly be my browser of choice.

7. Daveski17

I don't see it as any less secure than a vanilla Firefox.

“From this version forward, Maxthon 3 will support Do Not Track as it evolves,” says Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon. “We’re the first browser in China to support Do Not Track and are working diligently to enable our suite of Android tablet, handset and interactive TV browsers to support it as well.”
    Since the browser is the centerpiece of Internet privacy, Maxthon also recognizes that the influence of Do Not Track – which is a simple and elegant solution – will continue to grow worldwide.
    “Two weeks ago we committed to taking the lead in Internet privacy by making Do Not Track an integral part of Maxthon 3,” says Karl Mattson, GM of Maxthon International/Chief of Product Development. “This latest version of Maxthon 3 achieves that goal, giving added protection to our global community of users with convenience and reliability.”

Security and Privacy

Safe site technology identifies websites you are about to visit and lets you know if they are safe and secure.

Maxthon blocks malicious websites and phishing attempts for you, automatically.

Easily launch a private browsing session that does not track history.

That's something I suppose. I also use Maxthon Flag (Flagfox variant) & flash blocker. Maxthon has an internal adblocker.

8. Tyrizian

@Daveski17's

Oh, don't get me wrong, it does have it's security and privacy features, but not as good as other browsers, in my opinion.

Plus, I would like to see a few more options/control pertaining to security and privacy in the settings menu.

9. Daveski17

Admittedly it may not be as safe as Chrome is 'out of the box' but I don't see Maxthon as being any less safe than Opera, SeaMonkey or Firefox out of the box either. I would like to know more about its security (& settings) though.

10. Tyrizian

Actually, I would say it's about on par with Opera version 12 security.

But, since Opera is starting to change course with version 15 and beyond, I think it'll leap over Maxthon in that aspect.

But, Maxthon is always finding new way's to improve, So this can change at any time.

Security settings aren't anything special, nothing to swift through, really.

I do like to keep current on Maxthons development, so it'll be interesting on what path they'll take with extra security implementation.

11. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It lists all links that are in the page you are seeing. E.g. in this Wilders Page:

Capturar.PNG

Maxthon'resource sniffer doesn't do that.

12. Daveski17

I don't know if Maxthon has an equivalent, probably not. But that's what made Opera unique in some respects. I'm going to miss Presto. Maxthon is the best alternative that I can find to Opera at the moment.

13. Daveski17

Yeah, I think you've summed it about up. I'm not too enamoured with Opera ASA's security at the moment considering that they have been hacked. I don't feel particularly vulnerable using Maxthon.

14. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Before Opera I used Maxthon [named MyIE]. Now I replaced Opera for Maxthon again...

:D

15. Daveski17

I remember using Maxthon 2. Although the first Opera I ran was the #9 series (after I had trouble with Firefox 3). I stopped using Maxthon until the #3 series, which I found very useful, especially as a portable. I really liked some of Maxthon 3's skins, although Maxthon 4 has improved somewhat skin-wise recently.

16. Daveski17

Another thing where Mx has similarities with Opera is the slow development & upgrading of extensions. I've just lost Wolfram Alpha. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.