MaxBlast 5 breaks TrueImage 9 when *not* installed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by norrisg, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norrisg

norrisg Registered Member

I just got a new Maxtor drive, and out of curiosity started the installer for MaxBlast 5, to see what contains (a version of TI 10). I allowed the dialog to proceed up to the point at which it would actually start installing it, then canceled. At that point *nothing* should have been changed on my system.

However, next time I ran TI 9 it said it could not find a valid license key. I tried a repair, but that didn't fix it. I ended up having to uninstall TI 9, clean it out, and re-install it from scratch.

Kind of sucks that the installer starts messing with an existing and functional installation even before you click to allow the installation to actually start. The moral of this tale is DO NOT touch MaxBlast (and almost certainly the Seagate equivalent, DiscWizard) if you have TI installed.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Maxtor always had a certain undeniable disregard for its patrons. It's a shame that the Maxbalst version of ATI fouled up a perfectly good installation. Did you try to reinstall/repair the prior version?

3. norrisg

norrisg Registered Member

I did say "I tried a repair, but that didn't fix it. I ended up having to uninstall TI 9, clean it out, and re-install it from scratch." So, yes.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I never liked MaxBlast. The Seagate Disc Wizard should be a watered down version of True Image.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Maxblast 5 is also a watered down version of TI10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.