Matousec's latest tests

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Considering how poorly some Internet Security suites did in the Matousec's latest tests, does this indicate that a stand alone AV along with one of the better firewalls, and applications such as SAS would provide better security than the IS suite?

I would appear that, for example, Avira free, PC Tools Firewall Plus 6.0.0.69 FREE, and an AS application like MBAM or SAS would provide better security than the suite.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. simisg

simisg Registered Member

yes for sure add to these sandboxie.... and you have perfection for free

3. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

Nothing wrong with the firewall in Avira. It does what it is supposed too. Not a HIPS but I think the firewall is just fine.

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hey,

I know it's a little bit off-topic and my apologies for that, but I just wanted to clarify: Sandboxie is NOT free. It's NAGWARE. period

Regards,

Carlos

5. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Without firewall,we can make our own security combination.Sometimes the firewall of IS is not as well as its AV.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I've never put much stock in leak tests.

7. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

These test only center on applications that tend to be more popular it doesn't really seem to cover everything. It's always the same FW software on top or below the other. Leaks test good in the past but how much protection do we all really need today? AV is important, more smart AV is really needed since these new cloaked malware getting smarter to fight off. FW won't protect you from the cloaked malware you need a 3-layer defense or a very smart security suite.

browser - browsing - cloak malware bypass the OS FW or 3rd-party FW, HIPs kicks in but can't detect it, smart AV blocks/delete/remove, time for the next object to start the cycle all over again.

8. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Perhaps you'd like to single handedly code a similar tool and still somehow pay for your living costs :rolleyes:

I think a nag is quite trivial considering the usefulness of this tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.