Matousec - COMODO 100% again

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Prole, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Which means so can malware authors.

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

3. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

As somebody that used to pay for these tests - if you don't like the results, they are not published.

So, what you can do is score badly, keep it quiet, fix the bugs, get tested again, score badly, keep it quiet... and finally when you receive acceptable result - allow to be published.

So while it is fair to say that you cannot pay for the number one position, paying money definitely gives you an advantage over those that do not.

And that's without even discussing the bizarre situation with Emsisoft Online Armor.

4. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Very interesting. :thumb:

5. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

so the question is, why the holes still exist in any product :D

but You completely right, if there was some spike of malware which used Matousec's PoC code

then everyone would finally talk bit different :cool:

ofc everything is just pure theoretical speculation :argh:

6. malexous

malexous Registered Member

How many of the tests in Matousec's Proactive Security Challenge is known to be used by malware?

7. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Interesting read and shows why we should ignore Matousec tests. I can understand why some smaller vendors participate but I can't understand why larger vendors do.

8. Prole

Prole Registered Member

Again...it still doesn't change the FACT that Comodo passed all the tests.

I formatted my drive and reinstalled Win7 a few weeks ago, and I decided that it was time do check out CIS; I reinstalled approx. 30 programs and CIS only got in the way of 2 installations. Easily fixed. Only set me back about 15 seconds each.

After about 2 days of answering a moderate amount of firewall alerts, it's settled down to just 2 or 3 a day, and that's because I have chosen to tell CIS not to remember certain rules.

I've set it to 'Proactive' - which is the setting used in the Matousec tests - and I've set it to simply block any unknown from running.

It checks for virus updates about every 30 minutes or so, no slow down, boot time is about 25 seconds, which is about 10 seconds less that before, I checked my ports and they are 100% stealthed.

I am very pleased with CIS.

:D

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

If you pay you will pass!! Thats the way of Melih and David[aka. Matousec]
    plain and simple math

10. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Any particular reason these "Comodo 100%" threads pop up with basically the same Matousec connection? These things look more like advertising than actual topics every single time they get posted. Sometimes I end up wondering if reps from either company are posting these things, and not an actual user. Melih as entrepreneur of the year, eh?...right. Well, anyway, congrats for them "100%", "FACT" passing again the tests of a group that has time and time again been regarded as almost irrelevant.

11. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Yeah...this seems to be more of an advertisement/marketing ploy to have poeple talk about the product more. On their facebook wall it's always there "vote for them" etc... (well it's their wall but..hmmmm..) More people talk about it, more interesting ideas/topics arise..some/more get interested and that some/more do tend to try the product out.

Personally I think what MikeNash said is on the buck. Having experienced it first hand.

Whatever happened to the supposed facebook promo of the CIS Pro.....scam..even I got duped. No explanation..no nothing and some are still waiting.

Just my opinions here.

12. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

any vendor can pay to be tested again. Its not that you pass that if you pay.
    Simple thing. No logic needed to understand.

13. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

To save on repetition, we all agree to disagree. Thank you for you contributions. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.