Mass Storage Devices No Longer Instantly Recognized and Connected

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cindy22, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cindy22

cindy22 Registered Member

I have several mass storage devices all of which are both Firewire and USB2. Each device is made by a different manufacturer and each has a different hard drive in it. I'm using Windows XP Professional and everything worked perfectly before I installed Acronis True Image.
    I used to be able to simply plug in a storage device (via USB2 or Firewire) and it would be instantly recognized and connected. Now, none of my storage devices are instantly recognized and connected. To connect a storage device now, I have to plug it in (via Firewire or USB2), try to open it up in Windows Explorer (in which case I have to wait a minute or two), and all my drives then appear as folders instead of icons for drives. I then wait about 2 or 3 minutes until the storage device is recognized and the folders depicting my various drives then become the correct icons designating each drive. Everything seems to work, but it's a major pain when my storage devices are no longer instantly recognized and I have to manual connect them and wait. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Cindy

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cindy22,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please uninstall Acronis program and see whether the problem persists. If the problem remains please contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.