Martial arts and associated hobbies.

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by `mishimasan`, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. `mishimasan`

`mishimasan` Registered Member

The reason why I mentioned that is because I was actually watching the Bourne Supremacy the other day, and that same dude that suggested that he roll up a magazine and beat the living hell out of some bad guy in the first movie, was still in the fix - because he did it again in the second one LOL. Great stuff.

In regards to the Kata's, I think of it this way... and it's very easy to get negative about Kata's I'll give you that:

If you learn it so much to be able to modify it - then it isn't it's original kata. Yes sure, but if you didn't learn it enough to modify it, then there was no fundamental. No foundation for the movements you made, and you had to make them on your own accord - you had no background of the Kata/s in question and therefore every movement was more or less computed on the spot.

If I was in a fight tomorrow, I would NOT think of my Kata's. Then again, I'm out of practice and I don't think that I had enough training to really grasp them that well, but what if - you learned them so well that you could use a part of each and every one of them for every single conflict?? I think that this was the idea for their inital use, then came the competitions and dance Kata's etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.