Mark forum as read

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LoneWolf, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Why does this option appear sometimes and other times it does not?
    No big deal, just curious.
    Disappeared again. (AdMuncher turned off)
    2009-12-05_112349.png

EDIT: Strange, when AdMuncher is turned on i have this option.
    2009-12-05_115540.png

But with AdMuncher turned off I do not o_O

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There are different versions of the "navbar" based upon browser settings, and/or the use of filtering and proxy/firewalling utilities.

The top version is what you get with JavaScript fully enabled. The bottom one is what is displayed when JavaScript is being filtered out.

With JavaScript enabled, there are many options combined in a DHTML dropdown menu under "Quick Links". The little downward pointing arrow there is used to expand that menu.

dhtml-dropdown-menu-example.jpg

Without JavaScript enabled, the navbar displays what vBulletin considers to be the two most important options (Mark Forums Read and Open Buddy List) right in the main navbar. (There is also another version of the navbar that does not have those two options, but, has a clickable "Quick Links" without the downward arrow. When you click it, it removes the Quick Links item and adds those two back.)

My guess is that AdMuncher is filtering out the DHTML menus and other navbar JavaScript as if they are Ads of some type. Perhaps there are configuration options in AdMuncher to not filter those things on a site by site basis.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Thank you LowWaterMark for the very informative answer. :thumb:
    I was confused from this, but I'm better now. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.