Marja

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Marja, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

HI ALL! I am not sure where this question should go!:oops: I have had a problem with IE for a few months, it will only let me open ONE page at a time, if I try to open any more it says it has made an error and must close down.(C:\DOCUME~1\MMC\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5.Tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt) That is the file it wants to send,usually! If I link every page I go to , which doesn't sound safe to me(?), it works, other than that I have to plod along, The last two weeks, three times, usually early morning:doubt: , 4 or 5 IE pages opened up, the first time, I clicked each to close them, WHOA! Wrong! Each page spawned 4or more pages and they just kept opening and opening, while I gave up clicking them, it seemed to make it worse:eek: !! I had never seen this, my whole desktop was filled with little boxes of IE pages! FINALLY, I got mad and pulled the plug:rolleyes: . This has happened the last two days also, WHAT have I got here? Is this the right place to post this:doubt: ? My computer is making me very jumpy!! I have McAfee Security Suite, CWS shredder, Spyblaster, Spybot, Spywareguard, Win Patrol, F-secure virus checker, the updated MS security cd, all the other updates, AdAware, and even tho I update them and run them - NOTHING??I tried to figure it out myself, but, I can't:'( THANKS for any help you can offer,I also sent a HJT a couple of weeks ago, but,nothing stood out?? Thanks again!!!

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi Marja!

I would suggest that you download HijackThis from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hijackthis.html

Install it in a regular folder, not on your desktop nor in a Temp folder or it will not be able to save backups to the changes it makes.

Run it and then post your Log at adware, spyware & hijack cleaning.

Note: To post your Log, position the cursor in the Log, press Ctrl+A to select all, then Ctrl+C to copy it. Position your cursor in your post and press Ctrl+V to paste it.

The experts there will be happy to help you! :)

Best regards.

3. Marja

Hey! You really are a Prince!! Thanks for the advice, I hesitate to post a HJ log, there are soo many needing help with this Sasser,etc. I will, though, I'm patient and can see how busy everyone is. Thanks, Prince and to all the Forum Friends!

4. Marja

Re: This thread is done, now what?

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP!! I have posted a HJT log, will wait out the results there. *puppy* (Don't know how to remove this thread?:oops:

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Re: This thread is done, now what?

The thread is fine Marja :)

No need to remove it. ;)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.