Manual Update Not Working

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by glennki, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jehag

Jehag Registered Member

Originally Posted by lindalane
    I have the same. Can't update spywareguard and spywareblaster and can't connect to de javacoolsite. My ISP is also Versatel.

Regards, LindaLane

I established a dial-up connection and used that for updating SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster. IT WORKED!!! I was also able to connect to the Javacool website. Back to my ADSL-connection via Versatel. No update. So in my case it's my ISP.

Regards, LindaLane​

I got exactly the same thing here. Same provider, same results.
    So that indeed seems to be a clue.

As for the tracert javacoolsoftware.com thing: With the broadband connection nothing happened at all.
    Using the dial up did work, but apparently too slowly: after establishing 18 of 30 stations (or what are they called?) the screen vanished.

I will notify Versatel as well.

@ Linda: Thanks for the idea of trying the dial up.

Ev

2. Jehag

Jehag Registered Member

Oh...

Ev that's Jehag.

I used the wrong ID.
    Scuse me.

Jehag

3. pablorindt

pablorindt Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problems here and my provider is Tele-2. But Versatel is a company of Tele2, so the same ISP!

In my traceroute i also can't trace your website. The results:

Microsoft Windows [versie 6.0.6000]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Users\Pablo>tracert javacoolsoftware.com
    Kan naam van doelsysteem javacoolsoftware.com niet omzetten.

I will report to my ISP, the more reports the faster they fix it (i hope)!

EDIT: I allso have trouble updating FireFox, when i go to help->check for updates it says: AUS: Update-XML-bestand niet gevonden (404). Can anyone with Versatel/Tele2 check it for me? Thx!

EDIT2: OK Tele2 called me and solved the problem! Great reaction speed :thumb:. There is a problem with the DNS server. To solve it, the following should work (for Tele2/Versatel users):

Solution:

1. Go to properties of your network connection.
    2. High-light Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
    3. Click on Properties
    4. Click on "use following DNS servers"
    5. Fill in this IP adresses:
    Primary: 62.58.50.5
    Alternative: 62.58.50.6

6. Click Apply and OK or close on all windows and try to connect to javacoolsoftware.com.
    7. Enjoy updating Spywareblaster :D

Tele2 is going to solve this in their servers so normal users can contact javacoolsoftware.com within a few weeks. :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  4. lindalane

lindalane Registered Member

Versatel/Tele2 phoned me also, and advised the samen for the DNS servers. It works!!!

Linda

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up, and thanks for contacting your ISP! :cool:

(Did you also mention that there are other sites that cannot be accessed, like spywareblaster.net - which is used for updates? Or are updates also working with the new DNS servers you mentioned?)

EDIT: And since I cannot test this myself, unfortunately, would one (or both) of you mind checking their normal DNS servers in a week or two to confirm that it is indeed fixed for everyone on your ISP? Thanks! :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. pablorindt

Yes manual update is working now. And within a few weeks i will test it for you with normal DNS! :D

7. pablorindt

Think they already fixed it, because on a other PC here the update wasn't working and I didn't change the DNS servers. I just tested it and it's working so I think they fixed it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.