Manual Uninstall of Acronis True Image 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bob M, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob M

Bob M Registered Member

For some reason Acronis does not show up on my add and remove programs folder. So I reloaded it to see if that would solve the issue. It did show up and allow me to remove it but the original version of the same program still appears under all users and is operational. And it no longer appears in the add remove programs folder so even though it is installed I cannot uninstall it. Any suggestions for a manual uninstall would be greatlly appreciated.

Happy New Year.

Bob

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You probably installed the second time to a different location. Find out where the first install is and reinstall the software to that same place. It should now show up in the Add/Remove.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Bob,

This <previous Acronis Support reply> should help.

Regards and a Happy New Year to you too

4. Bob M

Bob M Registered Member

Unfortunately I think the prior install was done under a user name that no longer exists on the machine due to some incorrect tech help. I have the manual uninstall directions from Acronis and will see if that will fix the problem since reloading and unloading does not work on the users I can access. The original user name was set up by my tech person and then deleted when we added the correct one. The software, I think, is stuck in that environment. The reason for uninstall is due to network problems. When I installed acronis on a second clean machine it fouled up the access to the machine on the network. I could go to the main machine from the new machine but was locked out of the new machine going the other way. So I removed Acronis, since it was the last program I installed, and the problem disappeared. I am uninstalling it for the same reason on the other machine.

Thanks for any input you have.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.