Manual NOD32 Updates/Rebuild Installer Files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by covaro, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Over the past six months of using NOD32 and watching these forums (and now participating over the past month) I've come to greatly trust NOD32 as a product and have even begun to use it as my recommended AV of choice to my customers. Normally after a thorough cleansing of a system I'll leave them with the NOD32 trial (configured using Blackspear's settings... which have now long been committed to memory), along with all the information on how to purchase the product from the Eset website.

Given the recent excitement over the update servers with the trial versions I was wondering if there was a way to either:
    A) Rebuild the installation files to use the latest defs combed from my installation on my PC OR
    B) Copy the latest defs from my PC to the new one POST install.

Either way would work fine for me, it's just I'd really like to be able to make sure that my customers are up to date with NOD32 after a cleaning (these people could riddle a machine with spyware even if it wasn't online... I swear!).

It's amazing how easy it is to get people to move over to NOD32 when you show them how many things it picked up that their fully up-to-date Norton/McAfee/etc. missed/let through. So far I'm at a confirmed 75% conversion ratio (2 for 2 today), for everyone that I've installed the NOD32 trial for!

Keep up the great work and any help on this would be much appreciated. I can't imagine I'm the first person to every want to do this, so I figured I'd ask before I work on it so I don't reinvent the wheel.

-Cov

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Cov, if you are interested in Reselling NOD32, please send me a Private Message with your details and I will forward them on to the right people.

The latest download of the Trial has a database including the mammoth update, so just download this.

As a Reseller you could get a Enterprise Edition and build a package with all settings as you require and install from this each time.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.