Mandiant Intelligence Center Report

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by EncryptedBytes, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

http://intelreport.mandiant.com/

A very good read. At most those in defensive roles should check out the MD5 hashes ( In the appendix) of malware that APT1 has used as part of their attack methodology and scan your stuff. ;)

2. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

If anyone on this forum finds anything on their computer that they can attribute to APT1, I would love to know about it.

I think all but the most negligent of AV vendors will add those hashes to their databases if they haven't already.

But I agree, I found it a great read.

3. Those crafty Chinese :rolleyes: They seem like amateur's using crap exploits that idiot's actually click in their emails.

4. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

There's no need for a fancy exploit when a boring old crap one will do (why write your own exploit from scratch when your target is running Windows XP sp2? There are canned exploits guaranteed to work).

The crafty part comes in with the delivery. Convincing your target to click the email takes thought and research. You have to create an email message that looks legitimate from a source your target recognizes, and the content needs to appear normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.