Mamutu or Defensewall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Motherroad, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

Any opinions on what would be the best protection between the 2 products? They both run ok but I was curious to the best protection.

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

A vs B posts generally have a short life expectancy here due to posting rules and the ever watchful moderators. Defensewall will be the likely winner here at Wilders, it is very favorably viewed. Do a search of this forum and you'll find many and varied posts on these tools. Me, I use Avira Premium and Online Armor licensed firewall...:cool:

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Motherroad,
    You have to read about both softwares first and they are certainly NOT the same. Will they work on YOUR computer, only one person can tell this for sure : YOU.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree, even though not shown in my sig. I would think defensewall Is a Nice and quite Hips not in your Face pop ups.wright now, I am trying Mamutu with no opionion formed at this Time until OA comes for vista.

5. ErikAlbert

In short :
    1. Mamutu = dangerous behavior blocker.
    2. DefenseWall = policy-based sandbox and only for "untrusted" applications.
    So it's certainly not Mamutu OR Defensewall, it's more Mamutu AND Defensewall, if you want both types of security. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  6. Motherroad

OK, thanks for the replys. Guess I should have asked what is the strongest protection of the 2. I am running Eset security now and want to add to the protection. I am aware of the diferences of the 2 but with Eset I thought mabey Defensewall? Thanks.

7. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Hello Motherroad,

Without a doubt, DefenseWall(DW) offers the strongest protection of the two since DW provides comprehensive protection equal or greater than that of a limited user account that encompasses web browsers, email clients, instant messengers, pdf readers, media players, third party plug-ins, critical system files, the registry and low-level disk access(Master Boot Record(MBR)). DW(policy restriction sandbox) by design will restrict most malware(viruses, trojans, worms, rootkits, drive-by downloads and exploit targeted scripts) and their resultant damage to the confines of it's sandbox. As an added bonus, DW protects against most keyloggers and offers enhanced security while performing online banking and shopping transactions. Hope this helps.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I gotta second this. :thumb:

9. ErikAlbert

I also agree. DW is the strongest and most secure one.
    You don't really know in advance against what malware a dangerous behavior blocker, like Mamutu will protect you, too vague, more a gamble. :)

10. Motherroad

Thanks for the info. I am just learning about some of the extras in security and like you want the extra protection. Do not post often on the forum but read them every day. Very interesting some of the software being used. :thumb:

11. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yes for sure, In here you will see software by users you may not ever heard of and IMO If its good you you will know about from users Inputs.That said keep reading and learning,Knowledge is key.Best forum on the planet.:thumb: :thumb:

12. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

This personal opinion is based on?

13. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Christian relax,

I think Eric is saying Mamuto is a program which alerts on potentially dangerous behaviour of other programs.

Regards Kees

14. ErikAlbert

Correct. My choice of words is probably confusing. Sorry !!!
    Mamutu itself is certainly not dangerous. :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  15. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

LOL. OK. This took me three times reading that phrase to understand what you mean (I'm not a native English speaker). ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.