Mamutu is impressing me. What about you?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by BrendanK., Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Whoever told you this has not told you the whole story. According to Australian law, (act 1699). The employment of children under the age of 14 and 9 months is allowed, however must be regulated by the Department of Community Services under Part 4 of the Children (Care and Protection) Act 1987. There is a regulation (which includes a Code of Practice) under that Part which, together with the Act itself, give effect to the protection of the child from abuse and exploitation.

So you are allowed to work if you get a employment certificate and abide by the working laws for a person under the age of 14, 9months and you will be monitored just to be sure you aren't being exploited at work.

2. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I don't like being monitored.....I'd just hire an antilogger to get rid of 'em. :p

3. truthseeker

lol :argh:

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, while CyberHawk having been left to twist in the wind from it's old versions from Novatix isn't what IT COULD BE! had Novatix just held onto the rights of it and solicited expert programmers to bring it all the way up to the forefront, IMO, PCTools was an escape exit for Novatix that likely helped them recoup some lost revenue because of it's lackluster distribution to customers.

And IMO, PCTools actually did not improve it as so many seem to allude to but instead copied after a PrevX by adding a blacklist feature which i consider turning it into a generic AV/AS of sorts. But if that action increased sales, then there you have it.

But now you can read all sorts of disappointment over TF spanning from one problem to others and consequently reducing interest in it altogether, especially where Mamutu is concerned.

A pure Behavioral Blocker is a welcome addition and had Novatix OR PCTools were able to get CUSTOM SETTINGS to work as expected instead of bloating it with Blacklist Community Protections, it's my belief CyberHawk/Novatix might never needed to unload it for sale at all, and stood a real chance of making a reasonable profit from it as pure Behavioral Blocker which didn't happen unfortunately.

Besides, if a customer is going to go that far they would just as well go with PrevX who held that position of a community protection blacklist security program to begin with. IMO, trying to copy and/or compete with PrevX when they're on the 5 yards line while PrevX is near the goal line just doesn't add up, and the end results now prove that out.

For that matter, PCTools needed to make up it's mind whether it was going the direction of a generic AV or AS, resident speaking type of app. For all purposes they killed off the Behavioral Blocker potential of what used to be an extremely formidable product that just needed some extra attention programming-wise because the Public Relations and Advertisement part was working fine at the time.

In the meantime, i find CyberHawk infinitely more reliable plus more importantly 100% stable with 0 FP's, and if i remember correctly, it was the later versions/programming or tinkering that initiated FP's and subsequently forced Novatix to search out a partner which actually ended up in a total buyout by PCTools which had completely changed it's personality & name to TF, from remaining a BB to some weird generic AS/AV of sorts and that popularity has been going south ever since.

EASTER

5. truthseeker

Is there any way to add workable links to your signature so I can easily click on and check out all your recommend programs that you use?

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I would like nothing more truthseeker in sharing, but i already been reprimanded directly for posting links to my personal files and although safe, i didn't quite understand at the time, it does work against Wilder's public TOS policy that i am at liberty to respect, so i've subsequently had to cease and desist from posting further personal files openly.

Regards EASTER

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Just google (v.) them.

8. truthseeker

Yeah but I am lazy to copy and paste :p:cool:

9. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Go on Skype sometime and give it to me :)

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Which version?

I have 6 in inventory ;)

11. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Oh snap! :p

12. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Very powerful tool, (one of) the best Behaviour blocker. Runs very well with AVs which don't have behaviour blocking functions, like NOD32 or Avira. I also like the Community Rating function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.