Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Victek, Jul 27, 2009.
New version of Mamutu just came through auto-update.
im not at home but it says GUI fine tuning, culd u post some screenshots of changed parts?
Changes, according to the changelog:
Mamutu 2.0 release:
- Improved alert windows. Alerts are now split into two groups. Red and orange alerts. Red alerts are detected high risk behaviors that are close to 100% sure real malwares. Orange alerts show actions that could be dangerous in specific context or should always be confirmed by the user such as new autoruns, new drivers and services installations, hosts file changes and some others.
- Detection for low level HDD access added. Some malwares use this technique to manipulate boot sectors or delete files.
- Improved false alert filters based on code signing certificates. Digitally signed files of trusted vendors are handled different to unsigned files.
- Improved updater system. Files are transferred as packed and crypted data to avoid proxy troubles and speed up the download.
- GUI fine tuning and lots of minor bugfixes.
Screenshots of the improved alert windows are here:
when can we see similar changes in the IDS component of a-squared Anti-Malware 4.5 ?
wuldnt that be auto updated along with Mamutu?
i hope so
thx for the screenshot link, and i gotta say i do love ur avatar, its pretty awesome looking and just out of curiosity, if ur an official from EMSI why havent u been given some sort of status on these forums u shuld.
just a thought but have u ever considered changing the mamutu tray icon into the shield with the "m" in it, i think it wuld look better.
Going entirely from memory (always unreliable with me) A2AM doesn't appear to have an updated version number as yet.
*EDIT* Just turned on beta updates and a big update is in progress.
The new detection of hdd raw access is already included in the Anti-Malware 4.5 release.
When do you think that you will release a x64 version?
We're currently working on that. If everything works as expected you'll see a release within the next few months.
You don't know HOW MUCH I'm waiting for a 64bit version of Mamutu! I'm desperate!!!
Separate names with a comma.