MalWhere, free program to find malware :)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ted2374, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ted2374

ted2374 Guest

Anyone try this free program yet? http://www.malwhere.com/

Taken from website:

What is MalWhere?

Does your computer run slow or crash from time to time? If so then there might be a malicious process running on your system without you knowing about it.

A process is a single executable module that runs concurrently with other executable modules, most of the processes that run on your computer are valid software that you installed, but many times its not.

A Process can be a virus, Trojan or a spyware. MalWhere provides you with information about the processes currently running on you system. MalWhere provides you with the tools to terminate and eliminate any program that may disrupt, damage, slowdown or crash your system.

Even if the process is fairly new and MalWhere DB isn't updated yet, its AI (Artificial Intelligent) algorithm will query search engines and analyze it for you.

Be the first to know when a malicious process is running on your computer.

I'm wondering how good it is, if anyone knows. Does it look worth using in your opinions? Thanks.

2. MikeH

MikeH Registered Member

Heard of it here
    (scroll down the page: it's been de-listed, but comes with "history")

3. ted2374

ted2374 Guest

Wow, thanks MikeH. It looks like pure trash after reading that. I don't recommend anyone download it. It would probably be best if the mods deleted this whole thread.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

With threads such as this it's best if it stays and appreciate bringing this info. It does not hurt to revisit what use to be a Rogue program just in case they decide to back peddle :eek:

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Since it's de-listed, I think it might be worth looking at. I don't know that I would depend on it, but it might be worth keeping an eye on. I think the scum-ware writers do need to be able to see that it is worth cleaning up your act, otherwise they'll just keep doing what they're doing figuring there's no better way to make money.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

LOL @ Artificial Intelligence, because the programming is a bit more sophisticated, than usual ?
    The actual computer languages don't have any commands to create any A.I. at all and even when the programmer is intelligent, his imagination will be limited to the available commands of the language.
    Such a programmer will only write a better program, than the average programmer, but that's not A.I., that's Human Intelligence.
    Sometimes programmers are so proud on themselves, that they lose their sense for reality and call it A.I. after seeing too many SF-movies and of course A.I. is a good selling argument, because it sounds good.
    Even at work, I have trouble with users, who think that our computers have the same possibilities
    as those in Star Trek/Wars. ~Snip~

You can't imitate the human brain and if they ever succeed in creating such artificial brain, they better provide the computer with a destroy button to stop it from making the wrong decisions, because real A.I. is unpredictable.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.