Malwarebytes

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zach, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sconlan

sconlan Registered Member

I may have a solution if you still need one? It is possible to change the grey icon to a red one in mbamgui.exe using a program called Resource Hacker (http://download.cnet.com/Resource-Hacker/3000-2352_4-10178587.html). Just open mbamgui.exe (in malarebytes intall folder). Go to Icon folder on the left and replace icon 9 with icon 8, using the save resources and replace icon functions in the drop down menu at the top. Then save. The program automatically makes a backup of the original exe in the same folder.

It's highly likely the same would be possible with WSA so you could choose which one you want to enable.

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

I'm familiar with Resource Hacker. I'd be surprised if this works. More along the lines of the end result running successfully. A good AV program should check itself for consistency and tampering, like changes to the executable. Don't want to run oneself when you can't verify that you're really just yourself, right? That would be bad security.

3. sconlan

sconlan Registered Member

It may be a security flaw in Malwarebytes but it definitely works. I did it a month or two ago. No problems since. Worked like a charm. Only problem being I found I had to re-do the fix when the program updates. That doesn't happen very often though.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Very interesting - I'll be looking forward to a response by anyone else who is having this issue to see if this gets around it.

Thanks for the suggestion :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.