Malwarebytes v1.61.0.1400 Not Auto Updating

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by NYCGRIFF, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Registered Member

I've used Malwarebytes (Pro version) since it was first developed. Personally, I've had very good experiences with the program over the years, except for its constant problem of failing to automatically update. And, it does not matter what "Scheduler" settings I use (I have it set to "Realtime"). Sure, you can right-click on its System Tray icon and click the "Check for updates" option, but this certainly is not an ideal option -- particularly when one is *paying* for the "Pro" version of the program. This issue seemed to be briefly addressed in the previous version (1.60) however, it has defaulted back to this behavior with the current 1.61.0.1400. I wish this ongoing issue would once-and-for-all be remedied by Malwarebytes' programmers, because it's getting tiresome. As a computer technician, this is a key concern because my clients oftentimes will not remember to update the program.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

On Win7(64) and XP(32) machines I own I haven't seen these issues. MBAM updates about 5-10 times a day the incremental updates and on all machines it upgraded to 1.61 as well.
    Did you post in the MBAM Forum already?

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Malwarebytes Antimalware PRO automatically updates here in my pc smoothly no problem. Maybe it has something to do with your particular system. Maybe a conflict with other software? I remember having a conflict which caused ip block protection feature of MBAM to not function. The MBAM Support was quick to respond and solved the conflict once and for all.

I suggest you contact MBAM Support either through their forum or email

4. NYCGRIFF

Okay Guys:

Thanks for your input. On my various machines, I'm using Comodo Firewall. This morning, I updated the 'outgoing' setting for Malwarebytes. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not this was the problem.

5. NYCGRIFF

Hi Guys:

After tweaking Comodo's firewall settings, I rebooted the system, waited for a few minutes, and lo and behold Malwarebtes performed an auto update. Thanks once again for your fine suggestions.

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

glad to hear your problem is solved :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.