Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jpcummins, Mar 23, 2015.

1. wildman

wildman Registered Member

I would agree if this had always been the case but it has not. If the free product does not preform well I sure as heck do not want to expend funds for a paid one that may be no better. I also do not want to see others experience the same. If the FREE don't work well don't waste your money on the paid! Doesn't matter how well it does in independent testing if it does not preform well on ones machine. If you look at my previous post you will see I do not have that much on my machine.

Always,
    Wildman

Always.
    Wildman

2. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

I don't think I ever suggested you buy the product if it's not working well for you, but you're always free to accept the offer from a Malwarebytes representative to figure out what is particular about your machine's setup that is giving such slow speeds.

Just seems like a lot of energy to waste badmouthing something when your experience is more of an outlier than anything.

You've seen my scan speeds on machines with hardware and operating systems spanning the last decade, which match my experience with every machine I've set up since I started using MBAM.

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I have noticed on 2 machines with different software, but both MBAM 2.1.6 Free that the context-menu scan shows it has checked for updates, but the database version is still an old one.

4. Rules

Rules Registered Member

I've have also noticed the same issue few hours ago, but now it works database 2015.05.16.01, a server bug or maintenance i guess.

Rules.

5. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I recently updated to 2.1.6 Free.... had to do it manually because the auto-update didn't work.
    Database updated with no problems and all runs well .... as it always did in the past

6. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Same problem, posted logs in MBAM forum, lets see what they say.

7. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Can someone tell me if malwarebytes antimalware home premium LIC is only good for a year now?

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Last I checked you could still buy lifetime licenses on Amazon.com

9. boredog

OK that is whay I thought when I bought rwo LIC a few years ago. Reason I am asking is I got an e-mail a few days ago saying my subcription would bne automaticly renewed on June for $24.95.

Hi XXXXX My name omitted!!!

Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium order, Reference # XXXXXXXXX, is set to automatically renew itself on June 13, 2015, for $24.95.

Thank you for your support. Just a reminder that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium protects you against zero-day malware, ransomware and other threats 24/7/365. Automatically and without hassle.

We look forward to continuing to crush malware on your behalf.

If you would like to manage your subscription, click To update your payment, click

Cheers,
    - The Malwarebytes Team

P.S. Questions? Need help? Head over to our Help Section.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  10. fblais

fblais Registered Member

The licensing model changed to yearly subscriptions a little while ago, but maybe you can still find lifetime licenses around.

11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

So are you saying your lifetime licenses were converted into yearly subscriptions? FWIW I have three lifetime licenses and that hasn't happened for me. I would contact MB support about it.

12. boredog

Ok wasjust wondering if that was a phishing e-mail I got is all and kinda dissapointed that MY lifetime changed to yearly when sold as a lifetime. MY keys were for the lifetime when I bought them 2 or 3 years ago.

13. boredog

OK I thuink I figured out what the deal was.

I clicked on the links in my e-mail and it took me to make changes for my antiexploit LIC and second link took me to my credit card info to renew it. And so even though the e-mail mentione anti-malware it really shoukld have said anti-exploit.
    I removed the link in my above post so not just anyone could cancel my anti-exploit subscription LOL

14. Shadowwar

Shadowwar Spyware Expert

Legitimate lifetime licenses will remain lifetime. We grandfathered them. Be careful though there are a decent amount of sellers selling lifetime when they are really pirated.

15. wildman

Okay just to be 100% fair I will once again download and install Malwarebytes (FREE) and see how well it works. No other, repeat no other program on my machine has any problems what so ever.

Always,
    Wildman

16. wildman

Didn't stay on my machine long. Once again forced to take the Threat scan. Once again time just went on an on. Okay you are free to use what you want and so am I. You are free to say what you want about a product and so am I. IMO a once easy to use and fast product has now become anything but.

Always,
    Wildman

17. fblais

fblais Registered Member

I agree that scan speed should be improved.
    Furthermore there are excellent products from competitors, with much faster throughput.

18. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Of course time will vary on each computer but for me a threat scan takes 7:04, 324,000 objects scanned. Piece of cake.

19. boredog

Shadowwar

I was trying to say the renewal e-mail reads Anti-malware as I posted a copy of in my post above. The links in the e-mail goes to my Anti-Exploit LIC renewal. not Antimaleware.

20. Shadowwar

Shadowwar Spyware Expert

Thanks boredoq will pass this on.

21. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Here 19:15 mins, 436277 objects scanned.
    Do you have advanced heuristics enabled? (here it is)
    As well as rootkits detection.

22. Victek

Victek Registered Member

The problem with comparing scan times is the many variables. In addition to advanced heuristics and rootkit detection there is internet connection speed and the option to "reduce priority of scans to improve multi-tasking"; I've noticed that an MBAM scan will simply stop and wait if I run other tools such as disk cleanup and/or ccleaner, when that option is enabled. The discussion cannot be very meaningful without being clear about all of this.

23. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

24. siketa

siketa Registered Member

• Enabled the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version to receive incremental database updates
    This is nice.... :)

25. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Many good fixes listed in the changelog. I wonder why this change though:

"Disabled option to specify rootkit scanning as part of a Hyper scan"

Hopefully the new build will be available for direct download soon.

Edit: The new build was offered through the internal updater today.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.