Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.70.0.1100 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hayc59, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

Appears MalwareBytes finally got their act together with this latest Pro version.

I have not observed the annoying full disk scan at initial day's first boot that occured in past versions.

Also system impact is much lower than in past versions excluding the high memory usage. Boot time is slightly slower with this Pro version on my WIN 7 SP1 installation; about 10 secs.

2. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

I like the new 'Blue' - kinda strange after looking at the old GUI for so long. Curious that MBAMservice uses 45MBs in Windows 7 (64 bit) and 97+MBs in Windows 8 Pro. :blink:

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have Win8-64 Pro, and its running under 40meg for me. I have seen it higher though. This program has never been light when it comes to memory.

4. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Ha, thats why I don't run it for it's 100mb process alone!

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I'm seeing relatively high memory usage, but I also have 8GB of RAM. Staying mostly in memory certainly makes it run faster than paging it, though, so I really don't mind :)

Using lots of RAM isn't a bad thing unless it's hogging it up to the point that it's forcing other apps to page. If there's enough memory left that you can run apps without the system having to shuffle things around, it really shouldn't matter; if it does have to, then you probably have a lot of apps running that are using up other resources (and not just CPU, etc.). If some are seeing reduced memory usage, then perhaps memory management was improved.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. iammike

iammike Registered Member

Solved, as in the updates tab the news shows version 1.70 :thumb:

7. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Wow - that's interesting! I have Win8-Pro 64 running as a VM in Virtualbox - only use Win Defender\WFAS with Win Firewall Control - MBAM service makes all my other processes look like minnows when it comes to memory. Not a big deal though, as I have 4GBs RAM allocated.

8. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I decided to use it anyways I have 8GB ram.

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100

After they added the MBAR (as a Separate Tool) in MBAM Pro, I would like to ask:

1. Does MBAM Pro detects/removes Rootkits ?

2. Wasn't it possible to include the MBAR features into the MBAM Pro (i.e. Merger; not Addition) ?

10. er34

er34 Guest

Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100

MBAM detects/removes some but not many. It has never been too powerful on rootkits. MBAR is supposed to be way better.

+1
    Given the way MBAR seems to be working, I was wondering the same. Isn't it better to improve MBAM to be able to detect/remove rootkits (to merge the technologies)?

11. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

MBAM does have low level disk access that can detect and remove many rootkits but some require going even further, that is why we created MBAR.

It is totally possible but.......it is really powerful and 99.9% of the time it is overkill. We may some day integrate MBAR into MBAM but for now we want to learn more about its stability in the wild world of corner case systems we may not have seen while testing. One idea that has kicked around is an automated "should MBAR be run" test but that is just an idea at this point, it may not turn out to be a good idea.

The one thing to keep in mind is that we are not done with development here, MBAM will advance over time and it is difficult to predict exactly what form it will take by 2014.

12. er34

er34 Guest

MBAM is excellent product! You & your team do a great job ! :thumb:

13. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

They indeed do a wonderful job.:thumb:

14. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

For the first time ever, I am getting an error when running MBAM. I got a runtime error as seen in the attached picture. I don't know what is causing it. It hasn't had a problem since updating to the latest version. The only major system change I have made was disabling the Application Experience service, but even after re-enabling and restarting the service, I still get the error.

Attached Files:

15. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

16. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100

I hope you Integrate MBAR into MBAM in 2014...;)

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I have my MBAM Pro update schedule set to:

Hourly
    Repeating every 1 hour
    Recover if missed by 1 hour

How long after an over night reboot should MBAM check for an update? I waited almost 2hrs today before I just did a manual check. Any ideas?

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

How is MBAR testing going...any new beta, recently?

19. AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup Security Expert

You can't set to an hour and recover by an hour
    You can set to check every 2 hours and recover by an hour but I doubt that is your issue.

More than likely something is blocking the program from contacting one of the update sites. If you continue to have issues you should contact the Malwarebytes Help Desk and they can assist you as part of your support provided with the product. Though we post here on Wilders Security Forums it is not an official support channel.

Thanks

20. DBone

DBone Registered Member

OK, I changed the hourly setting to check every 1 hr, and recover every 0 hr. Also, I added a second update schedule to check on reboot. I think that should work.

Edit: It did.:)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  21. DBone

DBone Registered Member

If I exclude a folder in MBAM Pro, does that automatically exclude everything inside that folder, including all .exe's and .dll's? I'm sure it does, just looking for confirmation.

22. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

please mbam, include fileassasin in the installation

23. fblais

fblais Registered Member

24. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Is there any info on the new 0-day exploit heuristic? I'm curious about what this does, and am a little surprised that there's hasn't been more discussion.

25. vojta

vojta Registered Member

That's all they have said here about this, if I haven't missed anything:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.